Live from the stand 2017

Nothing much from my stand this morning. Chuck's had this button buck hanging around though.
564559ddfdaceb3812080f26e2d8d0a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Called it after the wind got funky, son still out, he texted that he stuck a doe. ..now looking to stick a buck.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Been down here on the deer lease since Friday afternoon and was in areas of no service. Now I am high on a mountain with service. Saw 7 deer yesterday morning with only 1 being a buck and a small one at that. Yesterday evening got busted by a doe and 2 fawns when they got downwind. Pretty uneventful other than that.
I am in a hardwood "rut zone" that has paid off in many occasions over the past 20 years...

Been down here on the deer lease since Friday afternoon and was in areas of no service. Now I am high on a mountain with service. Saw 7 deer yesterday morning with only 1 being a buck and a small one at that. Yesterday evening got busted by a doe and 2 fawns when they got downwind. Pretty uneventful other than that.
I am in a hardwood "rut zone" that has paid off in many occasions over the past 20 years...
Been real slow at my place haven't seen any rutting activity so far. All the doe seen have had fawns/yearlings in tow.

Been real slow at my place haven't seen any rutting activity so far. All the doe seen have had fawns/yearlings in tow.

Should really pick up next week for the rifle opener. We had a huge flurry of activity on the ML opener down here but up at our place on the hollow it has been pretty slow other than a couple 3.5 year olds...

A friend in Fort Gibson killed a 17 point monster just outside of town he had never seen in person or on camera. He plots, feeds, and runs cameras year around and all he has had pics of is spikes and forkies until this stranger buck showed up while he was bowhunting...

Ok so just seen first rut sign. A basket rack 8 with a gimpy hind leg chasing a doe, another doe a Couple minutes behind . Was beginning to wonder.

Should really pick up next week for the rifle opener. We had a huge flurry of activity on the ML opener down here but up at our place on the hollow it has been pretty slow other than a couple 3.5 year olds...

A friend in Fort Gibson killed a 17 point monster just outside of town he had never seen in person or on camera. He plots, feeds, and runs cameras year around and all he has had pics of is spikes and forkies until this stranger buck showed up while he was bowhunting...
Just never know, best buck I've taken, was with a bow. came off a lease on the baron fork Creek, near Eldon. Had multiple cams out, never seen him before.

Just never know, best buck I've taken, was with a bow. came off a lease on the baron fork Creek, near Eldon. Had multiple cams out, never seen him before.

Those big guys really know how to keep themselves hidden, even from cameras. I often wonder if they pick up the least little amount of human scent on the camera and stay away from them. One thing that is interesting to do is to take a camera in deep when you do your post season scouting, and leave it for six months or so. Then go see what was going on in the deep dark hiding places that you can't really get access to, where stuff feels really safe.

Chuck had to go back to work today and I had to run home last night and take care of a few things.
I got back later this morning than I'd hoped so I planted 8 apple trees Chuck grew in bags over the summer. All caged and screened up, 30' apart.
Had a wholesome lunch of jalapeño cheetos, summer sausage, crackers, and an oatmeal cream pie, oatmeal that's the wholesome part, and I'm back in the stand for this evening.
2f016bb7bbc657c116100453ad8ddac4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The calendar says it's time to hunt evening destination food sources although from what I have seen so far it may as well be sept 12 instead of Nov 12th. I have had an extremely slow week of hunting and have yet to pick my bow of the hanger. Water Cut corn, clover, greens and 20 or so resident does. What else could mr. Big ask for?
16fed2eba5b90d2d167f46911632aa9d.jpg
d846ac7f6af4f500e148391015cc86d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back in the same big woods stand I saw the nice 8 pointer from last Thur evening. It's nice and cold and there was a little bit of frost out on the hay field when I pulled in.

997fddb5fbdb35515e2d76c9ca873195.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back