Live from the stand 2017

Not a whole lot of sightings at the place I'm hunting this season but just trying to get a feel for how the deer move. Just glad to be getting in the stand and having the weather cool off a little.
Can't figure out how to post video from my phone of the doe i had come running in. I thought maybe a buck was trailing her but no such luck. Guess she was just spooked. Here are a couple pics from the stand.
926cd2283d35f7a396baa09793784f43.jpg
2cb39a21543b8fe38ad8117dee6b53a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Had a 2.5 yr old 8 point directly under me at first grey light.

8:05 AM had "lucky 7" walk by at 50 yards and couldn't turn him with a grunt call...I am bow hunting...

9:09 had a buck run right to me but it was the 10 point I have on the do not shoot list...

b5b2300a22e7a8c2d37187977df83952.jpg

Last edited:
Managed to sneak out of meeting since couldn't get that buck off my mind and I'm sure I know his path. Again got in stand 5:30. One buck, 6 does. And wouldn't you know head momma busted me not once but twice snorting her head off. I was doing a practice draw on her and she caught me. Dang. Can't hold 50# on recurve very long. Ruined the hunt but still fun. Then got call on way home my adult son totaled his car but unhurt. Been one of those days. Some people are slow to grow up, can't imagine where he got those genes.
Tough day. Sorry to hear that

Managed to sneak out of meeting since couldn't get that buck off my mind and I'm sure I know his path. Again got in stand 5:30. One buck, 6 does. And wouldn't you know head momma busted me not once but twice snorting her head off. I was doing a practice draw on her and she caught me. Dang. Can't hold 50# on recurve very long. Ruined the hunt but still fun. Then got call on way home my adult son totaled his car but unhurt. Been one of those days. Some people are slow to grow up, can't imagine where he got those genes.
I've got 3 sons, all of them have been projects, just like their dad . ..one still is. Glad he made it out unscathed.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Haydn and I are back in the stand overlooking wheat & clover/alfalfa. ..hopefully it's better than last night.

Haydn got a shot off on a doe, appears to be a clean miss. We'll do another sweep after the morning hunt but no trace found tonight.

Not live but 24 hours ago....

Killed three. Slinging lead with a bolt action at wild pigs is some srious excitment.

This was the biggest. There is a bigger one out there.
7563c66d8ef4872d9ed3557289c41577.jpg
a1ec1493acb54e22471338b78ab77977.jpg
26a8a44ef6a58d323068e962887aa8e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Big hog, kill them all!

Our early 2 day ML season opened today, and I hunted this morning and this afternoon. This morning I only saw does and fawns.

This afternoon, the buck shown below walked out broad side in the food plot. It was tempting, but I couldn't see using my only buck tag on the first day of season in 80 degree weather without getting to do some November hunting. If nothing better comes along by gun season and he is still around, we will put him in the freezer.

Just putting the cross hairs on him was a rush for me. Much needed therapy. One of the best hunts I have ever had.

f3mYPCvh.jpg

dkRV0fMh.jpg

WQ4Lnoqh.jpg

Our early 2 day ML season opened today, and I hunted this morning and this afternoon. This morning I only saw does and fawns.

This afternoon, the buck shown below walked out broad side in the food plot. It was tempting, but I couldn't see using my only buck tag on the first day of season in 80 degree weather without getting to do some November hunting. If nothing better comes along by gun season and he is still around, we will put him in the freezer.

Just putting the cross hairs on him was a rush for me. Much needed therapy. One of the best hunts I have ever had.

f3mYPCvh.jpg

dkRV0fMh.jpg

WQ4Lnoqh.jpg
Great buck and restraint, doubtful I'd have passed that stud.

Great buck and restraint, doubtful I'd have passed that stud.

I've certainly seen the day that I wouldn't either, and it could be a big mistake. We don't get many big ones.

The last two times I've done this it didn't work out well. One got run over by a truck and the other one left the next day - never to be seen again.

f3mYPCvh.jpg

dkRV0fMh.jpg

WQ4Lnoqh.jpg
Mmmmm you gots more will power than me. Whenever I've done that its bit me by year end, but you do have the studs over there. Good luck.

BTW how do you get those deer to pose in front of that picturesque back drop. ..beautiful.

BTW how do you get those deer to pose in front of that picturesque back drop. ..beautiful.

There is a big stump and rough spot on the right and a ditch on the left. It only leaves a narrow 5 foot spot for them to walk through coming from the plot in front of the shed to the next plot. I placed a camera there so that when they went from one plot to the next I will get them just about every time. I'm usually not that smart, but figured that one out...:D

There is a big stump and rough spot on the right and a ditch on the left. It only leaves a narrow 5 foot spot for them to walk through coming from the plot in front of the shed to the next plot. I placed a camera there so that when they went from one plot to the next I will get them just about every time. I'm usually not that smart, but figured that one out...:D
Nice, a cam funnel.

You guys are having too much fun, me too, opening day, 2 dozen does, a couple of little bucks, 2 coyotes.

DSC08558 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC08553 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC08562 (1200 x 900).jpg
G

Back