Live from the stand 2017

Where were you hunting this morning where it was 49 degrees? You must have been inland.

Still looking. Good blood trail but no deer yet. He said he shot with it quartering away.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Splotches like this for about 1/3 of a mile. Petered out to watery pin pricks. We ended up jumping him and he ran to the neighbors property. Gonna go talk to them now
6add8dc8d102e76b276d67260d63eba7.jpg

Lord, unless he grazed a shoulder or something a 30-06 will put a deer down hit about anywhere

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I lost a quartering too really mature buck last fall hit in the shoulder with a 30/06...he went down for sure but gathered his legs and ended up getting away. Many days of looking and nothing to show for it...

We looked morning and most of the afternoon. No luck. Never did find any more blood. My buddy is pretty beat up about it. We don't have a lot of nice bucks since most of our neighbors are Brown is downers. Back at it now sitting a pinch point by a creek crossing
221670e9a9a900b4476db0b166994a6c.jpg

Rough PM hunt, 30+ gusts. Deer didn't move till late. 4 doe 5 fawns. Only seen one this morning but he was a decent buck.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Managed to sneak out of meeting since couldn't get that buck off my mind and I'm sure I know his path. Again got in stand 5:30. One buck, 6 does. And wouldn't you know head momma busted me not once but twice snorting her head off. I was doing a practice draw on her and she caught me. Dang. Can't hold 50# on recurve very long. Ruined the hunt but still fun. Then got call on way home my adult son totaled his car but unhurt. Been one of those days. Some people are slow to grow up, can't imagine where he got those genes.

Managed to sneak out of meeting since couldn't get that buck off my mind and I'm sure I know his path. Again got in stand 5:30. One buck, 6 does. And wouldn't you know head momma busted me not once but twice snorting her head off. I was doing a practice draw on her and she caught me. Dang. Can't hold 50# on recurve very long. Ruined the hunt but still fun. Then got call on way home my adult son totaled his car but unhurt. Been one of those days. Some people are slow to grow up, can't imagine where he got those genes.

Dang, time for your luck to start an up cycle. So glad to hear he wasn't hurt. Our 2 day early ML season starts tomorrow morning. Not seeing any that I want really bad, but will be out there anyway. Hoping for a chance at the coyote I've been getting daylight pics of instead of shooting a deer.

In a ground blind with my grandson again this morning. Not seeing many deer, two so far but being silly and having fun.
1e78503ca431d0ad0adefa942f668f98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Back