Live from the stand 2017

Got in the woods for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday. Brought a friend of the family along with me. She hasn't had much luck this year so I thought I would throw her a bone and invite her along. Decided to film to pass the time. I parked in my normal spot on the pipeline across the road from my food plot since we had a north wind. Saw a work truck parked on the pipeline about 100 yards away. Thought it was weird they were working on Sunday but no big deal. Hunting was slow. About 5:20pm I heard a truck pull up close by and cut off. Saw a white truck through the brush parked by the road. Thought it could of been the neighbors sitting there trying to booger my hunt. Decided to film it since its illegal to harass a hunter in Mississippi. About 5:45pm I spot a doe coming across the dirt road that goes into the adjoining hunting clubs place into my plot. Before I could swing the camera around I heard a shot and watched the deer drop. The guy in the truck shot the deer from the road.

I was in disbelief. I grabbed my camera and jumped out of the blind. Ran across the food plot while this guy drove around the gate and backed down the road completely unaware I was there. Needless to say he was shocked to find me standing there filming the entire thing when he got out. I stayed calm and informed him he was trespassing and poaching. Filmed his face, company truck, license plate, deer etc. Got him to admit he shot that deer from his truck from the road a long with his admission to not knowing we were there. Called his bluff on who he got permission to hunt this place. He got nervous after I informed him the GW had already been called and left. Suppose to meet the GW tomorrow to give him the footage. He's in a world of hurt. Shooting within 100ft of a public road, shooting from a vehicle, felony trespassing, reckless discharge of a firearm just to name a few.

I'm stretching regularly and getting my arm back in shape so I can throw the book at him when I have my day in court. I won't be satisfied until he is made an example of. And did I mention he did all of this in his company truck?

I'll keep everyone posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yikes, Pinesapjunky, that was a pretty dangerous situation. Glad it worked out with no one hurt. Am looking forward to the rest of the story. Hope the judge gives him what he deserves.

Yikes, Pinesapjunky, that was a pretty dangerous situation. Glad it worked out with no one hurt. Am looking forward to the rest of the story. Hope the judge gives him what he deserves.
I agree chainsaw about the degree of danger involved. I don't like to think about how it could of ended. But honestly what can you do. My friend call the GW while I was filming. Was told to write down the license plate and get as much information as possible and that it would be a couple days before they could get out there. A lot of us is one step away from some backwoods justice and bypassing the law all together. Hopefully with the amount of evidence I have against this guy they can actually do something

Wow what a story. Glad you were there and no one injured. People are so crazy and stupid. Surprised he admitted and wierd to do out of company truck. Good luck.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NnZV71GpLgtYyXTs2

This is the link to the video. Please excuse me for being a little excited. I don't think I cussed any (which is rare). Pay close attention to the end of the video as he drives away. The dirt road is the neighbor's property and when he drives around the gate he crosses onto my property. Reasons like this pays to be on good terms with your neighbors. I have full support and cooperation from all landowners involved. Also please enjoy the view of the pine trees for part of the video. I was focused on him and not the video.

Enjoy

Geez, what is it with these idiots using company trucks? The same thing happened to me this year. Hopefully your Fish and Game department has bigger fines than Kansas.

Last weekend of the season coming up and I have one excited 10 year old who is excited. Getting him out early from school on Friday and we can get in two hunts before his two basketball games on Saturday. He wants to get a buck! Green fields are shot and not much activity there so I am trying to get us in the WOODS. Don't have a good stand for him there so trying to create one.
So, I used my tractor FEL and box blade and cut a path thru the edge of the clear cut.
HVHTIYT.jpg

y4H9Cwf.jpg

This leads to the edge of the Bull Pen woods where the land drops off into a deep gulley, with good woods to the right and across the gulley. So I took my Ol' Man climbing stands and attached to some trees at top of hill, one for him and one for me. Since we are at the top we will only have to be 5 feet or so above the ground.

AaNlIv3.jpg

Will be a new experience for him, he will not be able to move around like in a shooting house, but should be a good new adventure. This will be his view
1tHxf7u.jpg

Here's hoping!

Man I miss those Alabama woods. Grew up in Shelby County. Remember those hills and hollows well

And the Winner Is.........the Rain.
Friday afternoon and Sat morning did not work out so well, but we had a great year!

Last weekend of the season coming up and I have one excited 10 year old who is excited. Getting him out early from school on Friday and we can get in two hunts before his two basketball games on Saturday. He wants to get a buck! Green fields are shot and not much activity there so I am trying to get us in the WOODS. Don't have a good stand for him there so trying to create one.
So, I used my tractor FEL and box blade and cut a path thru the edge of the clear cut.
HVHTIYT.jpg

y4H9Cwf.jpg

This leads to the edge of the Bull Pen woods where the land drops off into a deep gulley, with good woods to the right and across the gulley. So I took my Ol' Man climbing stands and attached to some trees at top of hill, one for him and one for me. Since we are at the top we will only have to be 5 feet or so above the ground.

AaNlIv3.jpg

Will be a new experience for him, he will not be able to move around like in a shooting house, but should be a good new adventure. This will be his view
1tHxf7u.jpg

Here's hoping!
Sorry that he didn't get an opportunity, but next season will be here before we know what happened. I've never had much luck cutting new shooting lanes and hunting them right away, as in hunting them in the following two weeks after hand cutting or with machinery. In fact, my best hunting spots are places where no one goes all year until the actual hunt. Have you had good results with hunting newly renovated spots right away?

Sorry that he didn't get an opportunity, but next season will be here before we know what happened. I've never had much luck cutting new shooting lanes and hunting them right away, as in hunting them in the following two weeks after hand cutting or with machinery. In fact, my best hunting spots are places where no one goes all year until the actual hunt. Have you had good results with hunting newly renovated spots right away?
It was worth a try to give him a new view. And deer seem to like fresh dirt. This guy shows up one morning too late

PICT1091-101-1091.JPG

Back