2020 Live from the Stand

I had another crazy sit this evening...cold, N breeze, my target was there just before dark yesterday so I gave it a go today. I ended up seeing more 5 good bucks and a doe from the stand and then on the walk out I don’t know how many deer I jumped...sounded like 30 between my stand and the house. Shooter was probably around and may have been there when I crawled down out of my stand but I couldn’t make anything out by then...

Climbed into stand for what’s probably my last sit of the year. Finally got the wind I needed and came in midday an set a stand right beside bedding area. We’ll see if it pays off.

Attachments

• 56BD064B-9082-4EBB-87FA-DD5D8E1B48EF.jpeg
    56BD064B-9082-4EBB-87FA-DD5D8E1B48EF.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 1
Passed a 2 1/2 yr old 8 pt so I guess it was a success. Hard to get mature bucks to daylight this time of year. Decided to stay 1 more day and had a big 9 point come 75 yds this morning. Just not quite close enough. Headed home in morning before Momma gets too upset. May need to come back for one last go next week if weather gets right.

It was a bust...this is all I saw...

8b9fde4ed79563c882a8e9567127ef98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My season was wrapped up on Monday. My neighbor's domicile is close to 1 mile and 600 feet elevation down in the drainage over the pass. The shepherd has a litter of puppies down there 3 or 4 of the males of which are said to be future members of the pack of farm guardians. The tan dog was the one that someone already had put a bullet through. The beagle prefers deer over rabbit.

IMG_0007 (1300 x 731).jpg

G

My season was wrapped up on Monday. My neighbor's domicile is close to 1 mile and 600 feet elevation down in the drainage over the pass. The shepherd has a litter of puppies down there 3 or 4 of the males of which are said to be future members of the pack of farm guardians. The tan dog was the one that someone already had put a bullet through. The beagle prefers deer over rabbit.

View attachment 21074

G
You most definitely have had your obstacles to overcome. That seems to be the norm for all of us fortunate enough to own land these days; but you seem to have more than your "fair share".

Studies show that in North America in an average rural neighborhood freerange canines generally have a shortened life expectancy usually connected to dietary supplements ingested while traversing through rangelands owned by someone other than the name on the collar...

View attachment 21074

G
About midway through season I found I have a new small pack that runs our property daily. I actually had a couple of the dogs come up on my porch and act as friendly as all get out. I let the pass unharmed but many times this season they ruined my hunt and right now they seem to be on max deer chase mode. It’s easy for them...they come to the plot or feeder and run everything out of the country that is near...it’s gotta stop...

About midway through season I found I have a new small pack that runs our property daily. I actually had a couple of the dogs come up on my porch and act as friendly as all get out. I let the pass unharmed but many times this season they ruined my hunt and right now they seem to be on max deer chase mode. It’s easy for them...they come to the plot or feeder and run everything out of the country that is near...it’s gotta stop...
Use Bulldozer. Dig deep hole.

Back