Drought and Survival

If it makes you feel any better, we had a 0% chance and we got 0.00”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First the rain goes north, now the rain goes south, BOTH rains go east, people getting dumped on again within a hundred miles of us and we get jack squat.
E4097721-BD70-4234-8364-7860FDAA2DDC.jpeg

We got 1” of that...
I honestly cannot remember the last time we got a 1" rain, I'd prolly have to look back through this thread to see.

I just looked, we last got over an inch on November 5th -- 1.8". Seems like a distant memory at this point. Still awaiting our first 2" rain since last May.

I honestly cannot remember the last time we got a 1" rain, I'd prolly have to look back through this thread to see.

I just looked, we last got over an inch on November 5th -- 1.8". Seems like a distant memory at this point. Still awaiting our first 2" rain since last May.
I remember back when the rains always went North or South of us a few years back...Brushpile was very active on these forums back then and the line for no rain was 1-44 and south of it about 60 miles so he and I were in that area and we lamented daily. We lost most every red oak on our place and it went on for about 3 years so I know where you are coming from. We were in the hard drought you had back in the summer but sometime in October we finally started getting some rain right through this area. Many areas of Oklahoma are just like where you are but somehow we are in an area that at this time seems to be a storm track...good for rain but scary as all get out for wind and tornadoes!

I remember back when the rains always went North or South of us a few years back...Brushpile was very active on these forums back then and the line for no rain was 1-44 and south of it about 60 miles so he and I were in that area and we lamented daily. We lost most every red oak on our place and it went on for about 3 years so I know where you are coming from. We were in the hard drought you had back in the summer but sometime in October we finally started getting some rain right through this area. Many areas of Oklahoma are just like where you are but somehow we are in an area that at this time seems to be a storm track...good for rain but scary as all get out for wind and tornadoes!
We seem to be the same OkieK. It has been a WET season so far, more rain on the way today and tomorrow. But we also have been in the line of those vicious storms. Near me there are trees down that two people could barely reach around. And people's homes destroyed. Here's hoping for needed rain for those who need it and safety for all.

We got another 1.25” in SC Oklahoma yesterday. That put us at 3” in the last few days. It’s been hitting the state line. I live an hour south of the farm and all we got was fog.

It’s stunning how you keep striking out in KS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This time the rain north and the rain south decided to come at the same time. The ironic part is accuweather seems to think it’s raining here now; it’s not. This has the been the same tired story for every rain forecasted for 10 months now.
7265F9CF-3AB7-4617-805C-1951459D14DA.jpegLast week I was somewhat optimistic about 3 days of rain coming, we ended up with .05” total.

Looks like another big system is gonna stay SE of us tomorrow. Okie should get another good soaking, we got a toad strangler yesterday — 3/10”. Biggest rain in a while.

I’m really beginning to wonder if our area is under some kind of curse or something. I’m not speaking in jest, this might be judgment.

They’ve moved another system to the east that was supposed to hit us tomorrow and Friday. “Torrential rainfall… hail…. chance for tornadoes” we’d take the bad with the good at this point gladly. Maybe next time….

Back