Drought and Survival

We got 4” from that rain...every pond we have is completely full now. I thought surely you got a goodly amount of that...
Nope, still awaiting a good rain Okie. I've told the church I will do a mud angel and show the video on a Sunday morning when we get a 3" rain. They have been waiting for that video since August.

Looks like we got a decent rain last night, no water in ditches, but we’ll take it. Waiting to hear from the farm neighbor what we got. A lot of people have their gauges upside down for winter. I’m guessing around an inch.

Looks like we got a decent rain last night, no water in ditches, but we’ll take it. Waiting to hear from the farm neighbor what we got. A lot of people have their gauges upside down for winter. I’m guessing around an inch.
We got 2.3” this morning... hopefully you guys got some of that?

Chance for some decent rain tomorrow night. Wonder if it will stay south of us again? I’m guessing you’ll get yet another soaker Okie.

This is what we continue to deal with. It sprinkled last night while the wind howled, this is a picture of the result this morning when I got in the car. Mind you, we live in a highway, not a gravel road, and there’s not an ag field with 5 miles of our house. It’s still desperate conditions around here.
AFFD1CEF-1224-4DC3-A39F-1850B3C5D782.jpeg

This is what we continue to deal with. It sprinkled last night while the wind howled, this is a picture of the result this morning when I got in the car. Mind you, we live in a highway, not a gravel road, and there’s not an ag field with 5 miles of our house. It’s still desperate conditions around here.
View attachment 24923
We got that same dirt...it’s from New Mexico. We got over 2” of rain last night and all of our vehicles look just like yours now...

Interesting, I wonder who all is getting our dirt? We’re a desert now too.

This is my truck...we haven’t had dust on our road in a bit and we sit off of it through the woods about 80 yards. When that wind was blowing through with that last storm it was a brown haze...I guess the dirt fell in the rain as well because everything here is coated...
428d23e5ed2205e94f3635a4c4fe6e21.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our chance for decent rain the next 2 days is dwindling. Surprise, surprise…. Haven’t had a 2” rain since last May.

Better forecast than we’ve got unfortunately. Ours is severe thunderstorms tomorrow. I hate that kind of weather !

If it would bring real rain, I’d take a forecast of severe thunderstorms in a heartbeat. I can’t even remember what real rain looks/sounds like. A half inch literally seems like a 2” rain. We haven’t seen 3+ hours of constant rain in almost a year.

A common sickening scene…
How can people so close to is continually get big rain while we get jack???
3FBF03EA-7424-424B-94FB-4B5EE4E48180.jpeg

I haven’t checked how much but we got quite a bit...several more chances over the next 2 weeks...

We had lots of thunderstorms, plenty of lightning, and a few tornadoes, but we did get an inch and a quarter of rain.

Back