Drought and Survival

I poured out almost two inches this morning at home, I think we got more than that at the lease.
Yeah been watching that on radar….
According to forecast, it’s going to come right to our doorstep and hit the permanent wall. Wonderful.

We were pretty fortunate, we got 2” Fri/Sat. The 3.5” over the last 2 weeks sure had given everything a boost
I hope you guys that are struggling get some relief soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Went to the lease this morning to deliver my tractor, the 50/60 mph winds last Friday put several dead pines across our trails. We were gonna cut them out until we saw how many of them there were. I figured itwould be easier on two old farts to just move my Kubota back and push them out. Chain saw work ain’t something I hunger for !

The point though, is that we had almost 2” in our rain gauge and the one plot I saw, mine, was looking pretty good. I hung another camera in my usual spot to see the food plot, part of it anyway. E729813D-067B-42F1-9356-EA415B7158EE.jpeg E729813D-067B-42F1-9356-EA415B7158EE.jpeg E2ECFCEF-1056-45C8-BE8B-2E72678CAE90.jpeg8

My plot is doing no good but there is a little water on the Hollow now and lots of tracks...

a26404fa15df3c351d9be1969686fc77.jpg

Weekend outlook getting better everyday. I’ll gladly give up the first Saturday in November in a stand for a real good soaker!!!

Well, they could be wrong, but they're saying it's gonna miss us again. Our earlier rain total predictions were measured in inches, they've now changed that to tenths. I'm not even going to post a pic of the radar, it just makes me angry to look at it; I'll just say it's missing us to the West this time around. What does it take to get 2 freaking inches of rain????

Now down to less than a quarter inch of rain. Back to watering trees in freaking November. I’m spitting bullets. This is a bad joke, this whole year and half has been a bad joke. They freaking get me every time, why do I listen to meteorologists? They make crooked politicians look good.

Okie, you’re getting a little greedy now. Somehow, Wichita is getting a big rain, you are going to get another good one according to radar. And here we are in the middle getting jack. How does this continue to happen? Just to top it off, KC which according to the travel of the system, should be getting what we get, has already gotten an inch and they are expecting a lot more. And they don’t need it!!!!!

Okie, you’re getting a little greedy now. Somehow, Wichita is getting a big rain, you are going to get another good one according to radar. And here we are in the middle getting jack. How does this continue to happen? Just to top it off, KC which according to the travel of the system, should be getting what we get, has already gotten an inch and they are expecting a lot more. And they don’t need it!!!!!
We are getting a little...nothing like I had hoped though...it’s rained about a 10th so far and most of it is traveling to our east...we are staying in the light green areas and all the yellow and orange is east...

We are getting a little...nothing like I had hoped though...it’s rained about a 10th so far and most of it is traveling to our east...we are staying in the light green areas and all the yellow and orange is east...
We beat the weather app for sure. Sitting at 8/10s right now at the farm. Our house, less than 15 miles away got 2”.

We beat the weather app for sure. Sitting at 8/10s right now at the farm. Our house, less than 15 miles away got 2”.

We’re getting tornadoes. Four or five already tonight. Three confirmed on the ground at this time, one of them about 25 miled NW of us. My weather radio is going nuts !:(

It started raining heavier about 6:00 and has been pretty steady. I will check it in the morning in the gauge...I hope our farm where the cows are got a lot!

Back