"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Laid back 9 has completely left... last picture I had of him... I believe him to be very subordinate to the other mature bucks as he doesn't even hang with a bachelor group and as soon as more mature bucks moved in he vamoosed! I am going to miss him and hope he spends the summer with me again next year. He is really, really old so hopefully he has another year in him...

145.JPG

Coyotes marking their territory...

973.JPG

973.JPG

All for tonight...tomorrow I will look the plots over here on the Hollow and see if they look any better than the horrible looking Home 10 plots since we have had a little rain here...

Plots look horrible (no offense meant by that) and the dogs would piss me off! Stay strong, hopefully the weather will turn around soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I agree on both counts about the plots and dogs...almost given up on rain...

Sorry to hear about the rain woes. That stuff gets under my skin and i know that i shouldnt let it. And then you run in to people who say "isnt this weather beautiful?" No, give me rain and storms for crying out loud. :)
Despite the weather, those bucks are drinking mineral water somewhere! Geeez. Some hogs in there.

Sorry to hear about the rain woes. That stuff gets under my skin and i know that i shouldnt let it. And then you run in to people who say "isnt this weather beautiful?" No, give me rain and storms for crying out loud. :)
Despite the weather, those bucks are drinking mineral water somewhere! Geeez. Some hogs in there.

The weather men/ladies are the worst but yes I do meet a lot of folks that are complaining about some rain coming in for the weekend...Cattlemen want rain so I hear them talking about needing it. No AG or farming anywhere around so not much said on that front but the soccer moms complain everytime the clouds come up and the suburban guys are just glad they don't have to mow anymore because the grass all died...everywhere but food plots...

We have some good prospects on both our 80 and on our deer lease for nice deer and I put up a camera on a feeder at Home 10 yesterday to see if anything with antlers is around there as well... Thanks!

As always, your bucks are awesome. Hope and pray you get some decent rain this weekend. Looks like you have a nice crop of does this year.
I am really excited about the does because I know all interested bucks in the vicinity will be around there at some point in time this fall and if I can keep the does coming in then we should do well on our place this year...

The rain is kind of like Bigfoot or Nessie on Home 10...lots of folks have seen it but there is no proof of it...

Okie...You have to be excited about chasing a few of those bucks this fall. Hope laid back 9 makes an unexpected appearance while you're on stand!

Laid Back is a top lister for me because of how ancient he is. I wouldn't doubt he is over 8 yrs old now and as I have said before I am pretty sure he stays out of the mating/getting hurt game but maybe he will come to eat some greens in daylight or somebody across the fence will spook him over or something... we can always dream...

I have found that bucks do weird things throughout their age cycles. I have seen bucks run around like idiots from age 1 thru 4 then disappear for a couple years. All of a sudden they show back up again normally not as aggressive but acting like they are wanting to breed none the less. I think that when some bucks hit that 5 year old mark they become 90% nocturnal until something clicks in them to get up and move around more. Could just possibly be old age and having to move around to keep from stiffening up from laying down so many hours each day. I know I have to move around to keep my joints from being sore. Maybe give the moon a try and catch him on one of those peak movement days in November.

Bucks are definitely changing from their summer patterns. Not getting many pics of the bigger bucks like I was a month ago. You never know where they'll be next or what new bucks are going to show up! Hope you get the rain this weekend!

With those bucks you guys have stomping around the place maybe you best just leave things along. But I get the rain thing, hope it comes.

The bucks are up here where we live on the 80... we have had almost 10" more rain here than our home 10 that is so dry and we are only about 25 miles apart...

Went across the road to overseed some more rye grain where the armadillos are digging our south plot up...

83aab0264231b1ba7f3c0460eb3737af.jpg

b3e95debc8204dbca2f76b737c570f8a.jpg

cabf3d2eb47d1648faaa607904c46f85.jpg

Never new they could do so much damage...

Here are some growth shots on this plot that has had over 2" more rain than the bare dirt plots at our other place...

0a25a98792772858a042f7b447f029ca.jpg

755b85bd012c8d43fe2fbca35641a639.jpg

8341d96df1c0b291317e61a7bf0bd0c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back