Tractors and Mud

I and most others have gotten stuck at one time or another. I have been stuck pretty good twice. From that I learned that not getting stuck was the new plan--not how to get out. Many of tractor roads are plain dirt and will rut up quickly if used when it is wet. Getting stuck not only wastes time, is physically exhausting, wrecks your roads but it is downright dangerous. A lot of bad things can happen when a tractor gets stuck.

What projects get done when on this property is highly determined by the weather and the road conditions. If it is super dry I drive past all of the easy places and do the needed tasks in the otherwise hard to reach places. When it is super wet, the tasks with good access even during wet periods are tackled. More gets done that way.
Thats how we have been working the last 2 years, just only been dry enough one time to get the back third of the farm. It is an area that tractor can do the most work too. If it was my own tractor I would not be as worried about getting stuck, but I dont want to leave my FILs tractor up there overnight causes he uses it regularly.

So did you get it out?

Could have been this.... Posted on Indiana DNR Law District 5 Facebook page...

ADDITIONAL PHOTOS: ICO's Dive Team recovers bulldozer (Greene County)

Linton, IN- Indiana Conservation Officers were contacted on April 30, 2017 in regards to a bulldozer that was stolen and submerged in a body of water within Goose Pond Fish and Wildlife Area. The bulldozer belonged to the property and was being used in the construction of multiple new dams.

On May 2, 2017 the Indiana Conservation Officer Dive Team retrieved the bulldozer with the assistance of multiple wrecker trucks.

Indiana Conservation Officers are currently investigating the incident. Forensic evidence was recovered at the scene. Anyone with additional information on this case is encouraged to contact Indiana Conservation Officer’s 24/7 Central Dispatch at (812) 837-9536.
image.jpeg

Yep, 2 lever action chain hoist and a couple straps got the truck out. Tractor used the bucket to pull it out. Truck came out much easier once it was in neutral

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back