The Brushpile

I was planning on planting some Chokeberry from the MDC, but the soil is too dry, and I refuse to spend my life watering! This is the 3rd consecitive Winter without snow. Rainfall monthly totals: Nov .88 of an inch, Dec 1.68 inches, Jan 0 with no rain in 10 day forecast. I haven't been able to grow clover or alfalfa in years!!!
Man I wish we had gotten rain like that...We got 8/10's in December and that is the most we have had since July...Dry, Dry, Dry and the weatherman said last night on the futurecast that it is going to be very difficult to break this drought spell...he said once drought gets hold it doesn't want to let up. I was hoping we would start getting rain like Georgia and Alabama have now but he says no dice for us...

I have 500 seedlings ordered now and I can feel the stress building :(

Oklahoma...

a1b28f30e763967d4d8d0af1d9f08e13.jpg

Missouri...

fe95be4f529d6c5cd8a06ae26d18a62e.jpg

It can have it's issues such as 30 acres of soybeans under water but was able to harvest all but 5-7 acres.I usually plant 1-2 thousand shrubs and trees a year but am just planting 30 fruit trees this year and maintaining the last 9 years of plantings.Funny thing is my 8 year old burs produced before my sawtooths in most cases

It can have it's issues such as 30 acres of soybeans under water but was able to harvest all but 5-7 acres.I usually plant 1-2 thousand shrubs and trees a year but am just planting 30 fruit trees this year and maintaining the last 9 years of plantings.Funny thing is my 8 year old burs produced before my sawtooths in most cases
20 Pear trees planted in Lumite last Spring, barely survived the Summer and might die this Winter if there isn't rain soon... real rain, with mud puddles!

While I will not plant, I will be cutting junk trees am interested in what members who leave elsewhere are planting.

You need to complain more about drought because everytime you do Missouri gets hit with rain/snow...

That doesn't seem to work down here...
I was thinking exactly the same thing! This snow is probably a fraction of an inch of rain, but it will wet the surface.

Have more than enough snow here...would love to send you some! Been here all my life and winters are getting reallllllly old! Puts things on hold here for sure. Hard to get the urge to do any kind of cutting etc when snow is up toward your knees!

This area is in the news! We are having and ice storm, which is beautiful, but also VERY destructive. Pines are bowed down and branches are snapping. :-o

I hope you wind speeds don't get high. If they do trees will really suffer and usually electrical power does as well.

Maybe it will quickly leave your area.

Wayne

We might be saved by temps above freezing. Lots of pines have limbs snapped at the trunk, and I hope it doesn't get any worse. For all the ice, there hasn't been much rain, just a fine steady mist.

Back