Sarge the Wonder Dog

Drycreek

Sarge went to sleep for the last time this afternoon. It was a difficult decision that I prayed and anguished over, but I have to believe it was for the best. After consulting with his vet, I decided to put him down. He will no longer be hurting, it’s my turn now. From that little fuzzy pup in my avatar pic to a 14 year old man he has been my companion. Many a day as my shotgun rider, lots of deer and hogs tracked and found, even those where I didn’t need him just because he loved it so. He was diabetic so he was plagued with foot problems, he was allergic to everything, his one good eye had deteriorated to the point that he was almost completely blind, but he was tough through it all. Lately he was off his feed and seemed anxious all the time, didn’t enjoy riding in the truck or on my buggies. He could hardly walk and fell down a lot so for his sake, I decided to take the final step. I’m afraid I kept him alive the last couple of weeks for me rather than him. I couldn’t turn loose. It’s gonna be strange not having him follow me all around wherever I go now. R. I. P. sarge !IMG_3992.jpegIMG_2062.jpegIMG_1091.jpegPICT0410.jpeg

Damn… Remember, he was his best self because of you as much as you are your best self because of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to put my 12 year old lab down a couple weeks ago and she was the same way.It's tough for sure and I'm very sorry for your loss.I though about it for a week and went and picked out a new pup and get to pick up next friday.Who knows this one may outlive me.

Sarge went to sleep for the last time this afternoon. It was a difficult decision that I prayed and anguished over, but I have to believe it was for the best. After consulting with his vet, I decided to put him down. He will no longer be hurting, it’s my turn now. From that little fuzzy pup in my avatar pic to a 14 year old man he has been my companion. Many a day as my shotgun rider, lots of deer and hogs tracked and found, even those where I didn’t need him just because he loved it so. He was diabetic so he was plagued with foot problems, he was allergic to everything, his one good eye had deteriorated to the point that he was almost completely blind, but he was tough through it all. Lately he was off his feed and seemed anxious all the time, didn’t enjoy riding in the truck or on my buggies. He could hardly walk and fell down a lot so for his sake, I decided to take the final step. I’m afraid I kept him alive the last couple of weeks for me rather than him. I couldn’t turn loose. It’s gonna be strange not having him follow me all around wherever I go now. R. I. P. sarge !View attachment 26688View attachment 26689View attachment 26690View attachment 26691
Damn man !!! It sucks that feeling, my heart is heavy for you and your loss, it's a void that only time passed can heal, just remember all the good times, and the unconditional love that only a dog, and his/her master can share, that rainbow bridge I hope it truly exists, I will be truly overwhelmed, with my lost Shepherds over the years, take care,

Sarge went to sleep for the last time this afternoon. It was a difficult decision that I prayed and anguished over, but I have to believe it was for the best. After consulting with his vet, I decided to put him down. He will no longer be hurting, it’s my turn now. From that little fuzzy pup in my avatar pic to a 14 year old man he has been my companion. Many a day as my shotgun rider, lots of deer and hogs tracked and found, even those where I didn’t need him just because he loved it so. He was diabetic so he was plagued with foot problems, he was allergic to everything, his one good eye had deteriorated to the point that he was almost completely blind, but he was tough through it all. Lately he was off his feed and seemed anxious all the time, didn’t enjoy riding in the truck or on my buggies. He could hardly walk and fell down a lot so for his sake, I decided to take the final step. I’m afraid I kept him alive the last couple of weeks for me rather than him. I couldn’t turn loose. It’s gonna be strange not having him follow me all around wherever I go now. R. I. P. sarge !View attachment 26688View attachment 26689View attachment 26690View attachment 26691
I lost my Brewski this February 23. I'm still crying. I understand. Sorry for your loss.

We picked up Molly this morning and brought her home. Eleven weeks old. Ain’t gonna spoil her like I did Sarge. 😜IMG_2446.jpeg

We picked up Molly this morning and brought her home. Eleven weeks old. Ain’t gonna spoil her like I did Sarge. 😜View attachment 27026
Ha ha ha, good one! "Ain't gonna spoil her" Seriously, I'm glad you took the plunge again, I'm sure that Molly will be the best cure for a broken heart, and she looks adorable enough to spoil ten times over. Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

Looks like a shotgun rider already,I did it too and got a 7 week old lab,weighed 8lbs week before I got her a month later 26lbs.Vet said not to tak.e her anywhere there were raccoons until her parvo shots were done

Back