Drought and Survival

You ever thought about calling the Kansas Water Authority to find out if the geo-engineers are doing any monkey business down there to move the rain around? You can call them and ask for a report of any weather modifcation activities going on in the state:

West of you, there are a few projects where they're sucking moisture out of the sky before it hits Kansas.

View attachment 25371
There is a lot of local talk about the wind farms messing up weather patterns locally. We’ve been in perpetual drought since a farm 35 miles away went into service in May of ‘21.

You ever thought about calling the Kansas Water Authority to find out if the geo-engineers are doing any monkey business down there to move the rain around? You can call them and ask for a report of any weather modifcation activities going on in the state:

West of you, there are a few projects where they're sucking moisture out of the sky before it hits Kansas.

View attachment 25371
Just looked at the link you provided. What the crap is that all about? How arrogant do you have to be to think you can attempt to change weather patterns without some consequences??? Desert is desert for a reason, don’t screw with it!!

Just looked at the link you provided. What the crap is that all about? How arrogant do you have to be to think you can attempt to change weather patterns without some consequences??? Desert is desert for a reason, don’t screw with it!!
You can fly way down the rabbit hole if you really wanna dig. I'd just start within the confines of the law and publicly available information first.

Getting anything Okie, we’re dry here.
We caught the tail end wisp of a storm that looked like it absolutely soaked Arkansas and Missouri. I checked the gauge and it gave us .6 for a total of 1.1 over the past 2 days. Much appreciated but it was very localized and just a few miles away they got nothing. Our cattle farm got something but I am not sure how much...I believe by the radar it was quite a bit more than what hit here. I am going to buy a rain gauge and put it down there later today.

The plains of Colorado have finally gotten a big dose. Rain gauge here is at 2.1" in last 24 hours and its still pouring. Seems to stretch a long ways east from here. Forecast finally has multiple rain events on it. Here is to KS and OK getting it too.

Hope so, our forecast is getting worse by the hour. On that note, if we DON’T get some real rain out of this by Sunday and it clears out, we’re ROYALLY SCREWED. A high is going to be sitting over the entire Midwest for the rest of May. It’s getting harder and harder to be happy for anybody getting rain right now. At the same time though, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

Last edited:
Hope so, our forecast is getting worse by the hour. On that note, if we DON’T get some real rain out of this by Sunday and it clears out, we’re ROYALLY SCREWED. A high is going to be sitting over the entire Midwest for the rest of May. It’s getting harder and harder to be happy for anybody getting rain right now. At the same time though, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.
Same here...our forecast went from looking really good to much lower chances and days that we had chances just dropping off. I don’t know how much we got at the cattle farm but it was a lot more than here at home. I put a rain gauge down there today. I know our pond was actually a bit fuller than last time I was down but that won’t last if the rain shuts off...

A weatherman can’t get a forecast right for tomorrow. Don’t put too much into their forecast for a high sitting somewhere for a month…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our huge storm that was supposed to hit about 2 am passed us by without a drop. All of our rain chances here on out had dropped from 60% to 50% yesterday and today they dropped to 30-40% chances...so I am gonna say right now out of this super rainy event that originally should have given us over 5” we will be at less than 1.5” when it’s all said and done...

Our huge storm that was supposed to hit about 2 am passed us by without a drop. All of our rain chances here on out had dropped from 60% to 50% yesterday and today they dropped to 30-40% chances...so I am gonna say right now out of this super rainy event that originally should have given us over 5” we will be at less than 1.5” when it’s all said and done...
I’m still dreaming of 1.5”. Our total will be less than an inch if nothing changes before Monday. More ponds are drying up every day. Early season hay meadows are setting at less than 6” of growth. The outlook is beyond dire. A cloud burst last night dropped over an inch on the county east of us, not a drop here.

Yesterday when I left work, our precip chance from last night's system was at 70%. By the time I got home it was 15%... Haha!

I’m still dreaming of 1.5”. Our total will be less than an inch if nothing changes before Monday. More ponds are drying up every day. Early season hay meadows are setting at less than 6” of growth. The outlook is beyond dire. A cloud burst last night dropped over an inch on the county east of us, not a drop here.
I shouldn’t complain at all I know many have it much worse than we do but I also know what is coming...happens most every year and now that I have cattle and hayfields I am even more tuned into it than I ever was before! The good news is I think we will get at least 1 good cutting!

The last rain we had a couple days ago was about a half inch. My buddy who lives about thirty minutes to the east of me got over four inches. The next town south of him, seventeen miles, got anywhere between six and eight inches. Schools closed because county roads were washed out. It just depends on where you are. This is near where my youngest son lives.FB_IMG_1683825118142.jpeg

Looks like a decent chance of getting some rain at the farm the next couple of hours; IF it can hold together.

Not holding together…. Sigh

Last edited:
We ended up with .7” the other day. 6 miles West of us they got over 4”. 2” of it came in less than 30 minutes I heard. Their ponds are full to say the least. These rains seem to be soooo localized these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to bed last night expecting no rain and awoke around 3 am to thunder...when I got up we had gotten .75 here at home and then I drove down to the cattle farm and we got 1.75” there...the ponds are full again down there.

Attachments

• 21E97651-6014-47EA-AC5D-594D787644A0.jpeg
    21E97651-6014-47EA-AC5D-594D787644A0.jpeg
    596.3 KB · Views: 7
Elbert County CO just got 5.5" of rain over 2 days here. For first time in 5 years the ponds have water in them again. Beautiful site. I think Hays has had several .4-.7 rain events but my normal web site is having issues so not totally sure. Maybe 23 will be a better year for everyone.

Looks like some real rain heading our way and so far it’s holding together, it’s about 40 miles out right now heading straight north. Of course, by real rain I’m hoping for an inch.

Well, the two weeks of monsoon is drawing to a close, tomorrow. So far we’ve reached a whopping total of little less than an inch at our property and the in-laws farm. Soon a high will be settling in over us and we’re looking at more arid weather for the remainder of May. Haven’t really even thought about food plots for a while; most years, maintenance would be on mind, that’s a ridiculous joke this year. It’s beginning to feel like I’ll never see another lush clover plot the rest of my life, feels like we live in an AstroTurf world right now, the green that is around is fake and won’t last.

When it does decide to rain this is what happens. A real widespread soaking rain just doesn’t happen anymore, it’s these dinky pop up cells that do drop a lot of rain on a very isolated area in a short amount of time. There are tons of places within 50 miles that got well over 3” the last two weeks. While their neighbors down the road get nothing. It’s pouring at our house right now. Where our family DESPERATELY needs rain 14 miles away……nothing.

IMG_1876.jpeg

Last edited:
Back