"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

^^^ throw some wheat into those torn up areas and it'll grow great after your next rain... (I know from experience).

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

^^^ throw some wheat into those torn up areas and it'll grow great after your next rain... (I know from experience).

I have already done that with WR on about 4 occasions but for some reason the Armadillos go over the same spots night after night :(

Oh...and we ain't Kansas so rain is a rarity...

Last edited:
I have already done that with WR on about 4 occasions but for some reason the Amarillo go over the same spots night after night :(

Oh...and we ain't Kansas so rain is a rarity...
Easier to kill if you already have a pattern :)

The rain thing has to change for you sometime. Hopefully sooner than later.

Looks like you just missed out on the storms that popped up this morning. Looks like Brush is getting ready to get a load of rain

Well, I am in a meeting today and we got let loose for lunch now. Looks like we got some rain but I am not sure how much yet. I saw the weather map and it did show both places catching some rain.

I also shot 2 armadillos in our yard before light this morning :)

Woo hoo!

536f7a65468c366cdce3164140616063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On stand...couldn't pass this cold front with temps dropping 30 degrees in less than 2 hours...
bafcf391cf63e7219bda6b7834e890b1.jpg

There were 4 does and 3 fawns on this plot when I got here. This plot isn't going to make it much longer with the pressure it gets...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally had some buck movement tonight with the cold weather. 3 little bucks and an older 3 x 4 I call "Bob". Pulled a card from a camera as well and it showed quite a bit of small buck movement in the daylight over the last few days.

Catching up, Kubota. That rain might keep things alive until the next. Ashame about the trespassers. What a mess they made too.

Finally had some buck movement tonight with the cold weather. 3 little bucks and an older 3 x 4 I call "Bob". Pulled a card from a camera as well and it showed quite a bit of small buck movement in the daylight over the last few days.
I think our cold weather is over...it is 60 degrees this morning and was 56 when I went to bed last night. Have a rain shower about to hit and then I should be clear to go to my stand...perhaps another 30 minute wait or so...

Catching up, Kubota. That rain might keep things alive until the next. Ashame about the trespassers. What a mess they made too.
Rained a little yesterday and rained some overnight and now awaiting another shower before I get into my open stand. Not going to gripe about any rain!
Have my new Stihl MS250 with me today. Going to cut several trees across that road the trespassers made gown into our lease!

Enjoying the journey Okie! Same issues with drought down here. Plots are just hanging on by a thread and no rain in the forecast.
Our plots are starting to get a little reprieve with the moisture but they are not going to last long. The deer are hammering the radishes that I was hoping would be the late winter food and they clip the WR at the ground as soon as it pops...acorn crop is pretty well done on our 80 and deer are hitting anything we provide there.

On our deer lease same county, acorns everywhere!

Hope you get some rain soon!

Back