"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Hard to complain with any rain but I only received 3/10th last night. My ponds are so low but at least enough to keep the plots alive.

lol...all is good!

Live from the stand high on the mountain...acorns are dropping...

Wife is about 400 yards away in the stand I hunted last Sunday morning and saw 3 big bucks from...big woods baby!

Wind is SE as opposed to the NE it was supposed to be. Not perfect but by no means a deal breaker. Any kind of east type wind will work.

Views

2ab7447e5f42e20636cbad9e720ade67.jpg

81e41032cf76939514f622660a92eae0.jpg

5c9982dd11ff633c332d12dfc9456df8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I am absolutely amazed by people and not in a good way...

We were hanging around camp shooting a few arrows and shooting the breeze and I kept hearing some kind of equipment working on the hill above camp on our west side and I mentioned it to some of the guys and they thought surely it was off of our place. I told them I thought it was on us and I was going to check it out...I rode up the hill on the 4 wheeler and saw 2 guys and a young kid with an old tractor pushing brush around with an old box blade and they were well within our boundaries...

I stopped them and told them they were trespassing and they were dumbfounded. Told me they had always hunted there and they were putting in a food plot. I could see 2 stands and some mineral blocks, seed, and a camera.

I told them everything had to go and that they were on a deer lease. Guy said he owned 290 feet from the road and we were about 1400 feet from the road...he asked if we could share, or we could just let them hunt this area and I had to tell them absolutely not!

They told us is another poacher that lived next door to them that has killed scors of deer off of us but they said they couldn't remember his name...

Long story short I told them to pack up everything they had brought onto the property and pack it out now. Tomorrow we are grid searching and every stand, camera, feeder we find will be lease property!

I couldn't imagine the nerve!

Sometimes I am absolutely amazed by people and not in a good way...

We were hanging around camp shooting a few arrows and shooting the breeze and I kept hearing some kind of equipment working on the hill above camp on our west side and I mentioned it to some of the guys and they thought surely it was off of our place. I told them I thought it was on us and I was going to check it out...I rode up the hill on the 4 wheeler and saw 2 guys and a young kid with an old tractor pushing brush around with an old box blade and they were well within our boundaries...

I stopped them and told them they were trespassing and they were dumbfounded. Told me they had always hunted there and they were putting in a food plot. I could see 2 stands and some mineral blocks, seed, and a camera.

I told them everything had to go and that they were on a deer lease. Guy said he owned 290 feet from the road and we were about 1400 feet from the road...he asked if we could share, or we could just let them hunt this area and I had to tell them absolutely not!

They told us is another poacher that lived next door to them that has killed scors of deer off of us but they said they couldn't remember his name...

Long story short I told them to pack up everything they had brought onto the property and pack it out now. Tomorrow we are grid searching and every stand, camera, feeder we find will be lease property!

I couldn't imagine the nerve!
They always "hunt there for years."

I found some new glow tacks this am going to my stand, talked with my son's and none of them put them in. Tried to follow them but got off track after a short distance. I'll have to go after dark and see where they lead. Trespassers suck at life.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Amazing, absolutely amazing. However, it does sound like it could have been an honest mistake. I don't think trespassers would be trying to make an actual food plot. But I could be wrong. I have been very lucky at my place. Only trespasser I have had was a lady trying to pick pecans just inside my fence line. Neighbor ran her off. Glad it didn't turn ugly.

Todd

Amazing, absolutely amazing. However, it does sound like it could have been an honest mistake. I don't think trespassers would be trying to make an actual food plot. But I could be wrong. I have been very lucky at my place. Only trespasser I have had was a lady trying to pick pecans just inside my fence line. Neighbor ran her off. Glad it didn't turn ugly.

Todd

Not an "honest mistake" guy new how far his property went but he passed that by over 1000 feet. He even went on to tell me he owned "lot 20" and they aren't allowed to hunt the lots....soooo if you're not allowed to hunt what you own because if some homeowners clause then why would you think it is ok to food plot the neighbors place and hunt it with no permission whatsoever!

I am glad it didn't turn ugly too since I left my concealed carry home by accident. They immediately knew they were in the wrong but just wanted us to "share"...

I mentioned Cherokee county has many thousands of acres of public hunting but it requires a license, tag, and legal weapon for season...

We have heard MANY shots in this area while bowhunting!

Exciting weekend for you guys Okie. Hopefully the encounter with the trespassing neighbors turns into something good. Maybe one of your poaching problems just got cured.?.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Exciting weekend for you guys Okie. Hopefully the encounter with the trespassing neighbors turns into something good. Maybe one of your poaching problems just got cured.?.

Hope so...grid searching and posting (again) the entire west side after this mornings hunt!

Don't forget your dog, concealed, and camera (document everything). Good luck, beautiful morning!

Back