Recent cooks...

Man I am ready for life to slow down a little this summer so I can get some meat on the smoker. I only broke it out once last summer and haven't even cleaned it up yet this spring to get it ready. I am going to have to look into one of those smaller smoker ya'll were talking about in earlier conversations. Mine is a pull behind that I could and have cooked two whole hogs at the same time on. It is a bigger pain in the butt to use than it's worth on small cooks though. Usually if I get it fired up I will cook at least 8-10 butts or I just use the old fashioned charcoal grill with a little hickory to add some smoke. Keep the good eats coming guys I will get some time to burn some meat eventually.

BR...Look into any of the pellet smokers. Lots of em being made these days and man are they easy to use and throw a lot of smoke. Did me another cook yesterday with part of the crew down. Thighs, wings and corn. Put em on bout 5:00 and set the temp to 350 for 1:15.
IMG_3455.jpg

Ready to come off the grill.
IMG_3457.jpg

Sides included taters, green beans, slaw, sliced maters and pickled okra.
IMG_3460.jpg

Made for a pretty good meal.
IMG_3461.jpg

Lil Man was too busy riding his scooter to eat.
IMG_3469.jpg

Last weekend...Ground pork chili.
IMG_4615.jpg IMG_4619.jpg

Today...with 4 inches of snow on the ground and still falling...Never in my 61 years have I seen this down here in early December...Veggie beef soup with cornbread.
IMG_4639.jpg IMG_4640.jpg

Back