Frozen Pizza...

Triple C

My buddy that turned me on to pellet grills years ago told me on numerous occasions that frozen pizza was righteous on the Traeger. 62 yrs old and don't recall ever eating frozen pizza. Well...that changed Friday night. Left the burbs bout lunch on Friday and headed to the farm. Knew I was gonna be solo that night which usually leads to a burger or slaw dogs. Stopped by the grocery store for my usual run and stumbled across the frozen pizza section. Decided to give it a whirl. Boys n girls...I may never order pizza delivery again. Cranked the Traeger up to high which tops out at around 400 degrees. Threw the pizza on and 20 minutes later...darn near ate the whole thing. Won't be my last!!!

IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg IMG_0625 (1).jpg IMG_0629.jpg

Yep those are awesome in any way for a frozen. Try the Screamin Sicillin loaded on there, bet you like.

Yep those are awesome in any way for a frozen. Try the Screamin Sicillin loaded on there, bet you like.
Funny you mention Screming Sicilian. My assistant told me the exact same thing when I showed her the pics. That’ll be my next frozen pizza cook.

Don't need a stone with a traeger.

If you have a Costco near you, pick up a 4 pack of palermos margarita pizzas or the cauliflower crust pizza.

My kids won't eat take out pizza anymore

Don't need a stone with a traeger.

If you have a Costco near you, pick up a 4 pack of palermos margarita pizzas or the cauliflower crust pizza.

My kids won't eat take out pizza anymore
Yep. I actually thought about getting a pizza stone cause others use them with BGE style grills. But decided to go straight on the grates. The thing I was most surprised by was the crispness of the bottom of the crust. Only thing I can figure is the convection of the fan inside the Traeger must keep the air flowing in a manner that makes for a great crust at 400 degrees which is as high as my grill reaches.

There is a Dollar General 3 miles from my primary lease. They sell those rising crust pizzas. My family loves them. We stack them up in the freezer.

Every time I have tried it on my Pit Boss the crust gets a little past crispy = burnt. I think I need a stone to spread out the heat. The toppings is always awesome if you get past the burnt crust!

Back