OFFICIAL 2016 Nut/Seed Exchange Thread

I have giant bur and water oak. I always like to leave a few water oak around as an insurance plan. Seems like they are loaded every year when some other species aren't. They are nice and small too.

If anyone comes across any Turkey oak (quercus laevis) acorns, longleaf pine, sugar maple, or crab apple seeds I'd love to swap you something.

I should have plenty shumard, white, and water oaks to trade and maybe even a few Chinquapin (chestnuts and oaks) depending on how the trees on our place produce this year and persimmon.

Well.....I turned on my "nut fridge" as my wife got sick of my stash already......let me know if you are looking for......

SWO
English Oak
Burr Oak
Shingle Oak

I would love some SWO and Burr oak. About the only thing I have to offer is native persimmon seed, water oak and red oak. Not seeing anything on my white oaks and SCO. I can payback

I am looking for any white oaks, especially Bur, SWO, Swamp chestnut, chestnut oak, DCO, Chinkapin. I will have Shumard, sawtooth, and maybe some Chinese chestnut.

I went out and picked about 2 dozen pawpaw fruit tonight and might be able to get more. Anyone interested in seed or the entire fruit please send me a PM. I don't ask for anything in return - other than to do the same for other members here.
pawpaw fruit.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the chinkapin in my front yard will have acorns this year if anyone is interested. If any one wants bur gambel oaks I may know a guy that has some too.

I would be interested in some bur gambel and some chinkapin! I have burr, wild apple, plum and chokecherry, and some form of white/burr oaks that I can't identify but drop heavy. Let me know DLH and we can work something out. Thanks

I have 2 kinds of native American persimmons from Kentucky. One is early falling now and the other that is just starting to turn. They will fall in a couple weeks. I would like sawtooth oaks.

I have 2 kinds of native American persimmons from Kentucky. One is early falling now and the other that is just starting to turn. They will fall in a couple weeks. I would like sawtooth oaks.

Just shot you a PM. Maybe we can work something out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son and I picked up some of these chinkapin oak acorns the last couple of evenings if anyone is interested.

All I really don't have anything to send this year. It looks like the only thing producing are the blackjacks and some pins. Even my persimmon did not do as well as last. I am looking for ACO, DCO, and SWO. Can anyone hook me up? If not it's no problem. I understand. If you can please send a PM.

Still looking for Turkey oak (quercus laevis) acorns, longleaf pine seed, sugar maple, or crab apple seed.

I should have plenty shumard, white, water and bur oaks to trade as well as persimmon. I also may trade a few A. chinquapins. I couldn't get up to check my AC trees and they will probably be gone when I do, so I ordered seed for direct seeding and may be willing to swap out a few since I have quite a few.

Hey guys! Matt here, anther transfer from the old qdma forum. Glad to see some old qdma guys here and look forward to getting to know everyone else! I know I'm late to the party but I'm looking for some dunstans, persimmon and sawtooth. I unfortunately have nothing to trade(yet) but am more than willing to pay. Thanks for the help!

Hey guys! Matt here, anther transfer from the old qdma forum. Glad to see some old qdma guys here and look forward to getting to know everyone else! I know I'm late to the party but I'm looking for some dunstans, persimmon and sawtooth. I unfortunately have nothing to trade(yet) but am more than willing to pay. Thanks for the help!

Nybow,

I replied to your conversation.

Wayne

Back