OFFICIAL 2016 Nut/Seed Exchange Thread

CAS_HNTR

Well......getting to be that time of year again!! I figured we would keep up the tradition of the nut/seed
exchange thread we have always had. For those that are new......post up what you have and/or want and I'm sure others will be able to get you some acorns, chestnuts, persimmon, apple, etc seeds/nuts.
I'll start off!

I will have the following.......
Burr Oak, Red Oak, and should have some Swamp White Oak (SWO) from a newly found tree.

I would like.......
Persimmon, Chinkapin Oak, Schuetts Oak, Dwaft Chinquapin Oak (SCO), and SWO

Here us my trusty Burr oak with a bunch of acorns coming along nicely......
20160822_112416_zpswyo0eb5c.jpeg

CAS

Thanks for doing this. It would not be a forum without this. ;)

All newcomers - watch this thread and check it often. I will post later on in September.

Wayne

I will have available Red oaks north and south and Swamp Chestnut oak.I would want any of the hybrid oaks like Sauls,Beatles,and of course Concordia

I can get white, chinkapin, black, southern red, shumard and swamp chestnut oak. Hazelnut if I can beat the critters to them.
And if anyone needs sweetgum balls I can send semi truck loads.

I will have persimmon seeds from a ancient very heavy late dropping old farmyard tree. I may even have some extra chestnuts. I would like in return dunstan hybred seeds, Concordia acorns, dco acorns and wild pear seeds. Would also like to trade or buy seeds from a winter wildlife crab and/or all winter hangover crab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have persimmon seeds from a ancient very heavy late dropping old farmyard tree. I may even have some extra chestnuts. I would like in return dunstan hybred seeds, Concordia acorns, dco acorns and wild pear seeds. Would also like to trade or buy seeds from a winter wildlife crab and/or all winter hangover crab.

Here is the ancient late dropping persimmon....
a2b908ed59cdce3125830bf2efdfbc4c.jpg

2d86e8a5a5b26b662d4a7dacb24dfbd0.jpg

Dh, shoot me a pm and we can work something out. I should take a pic sometime that gauges it's size. It is by far the biggest persimmon I have ever seen. Thought to tell by the pics but it is so loaded that I'm sure it will end up shedding some limbs before the fruit fall. It usually drops oct-nov.

I would like to get
non-native persimmons seeds of any variety, Hazelnut, pawpaw, crabapple, elderberry, DCO

I can give
sawtooth oak, native pecans, native persimmons, Chinese chestnut, bur oak

Last edited:
Cas, I can get you all the persimmon seeds you want and also some Schuette acorns.

Just need to remind me--don't need anything in exchange.

todd

Golden triangle,I have no idea how to send a PM,I really don't know when you cut scions but I do know you graft in the spring around leaf time.That is an awesome tree.

Golden triangle,I have no idea how to send a PM,I really don't know when you cut scions but I do know you graft in the spring around leaf time.That is an awesome tree.

Diamond Hunter,

On the top right end of the tool bar, you will see your user name. To the right of your username is an envelope. If you place the cursor over the envelop you will see the word Conversations. On this forum we send conversations - on the old forum it was a private message.

You are going to start a new conversation. You put the username of who you want to send the message too. You can send the same message to 5 different users. Put in a subject in the subject line and type your message in the square message box. You can upload a file to a message I believe.

Hope this helps.

WBP

I can get white, chinkapin, black, southern red, shumard and swamp chestnut oak. Hazelnut if I can beat the critters to them.
And if anyone needs sweetgum balls I can send semi truck loads.
Got all the dang sweet gum I need but would sure like to get a dozen swamp chestnuts from you.

Nuttall and overcups would probably be the only stuff I could come up with that lots of others might not have.

I'm going to have lots of Burr and Chinqupin this yr.
Interested in any hybrid oaks that are suppose to be quick producers, edible shrubs/berries, or any nut/fruit that can grow in Kansas. I'm planting jujube, che, mulberry, etc so I'm not afraid to try stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Got all the dang sweet gum I need but would sure like to get a dozen swamp chestnuts from you.
Pm me your address and I'll get you plenty. Depending where you are I may deliver them. I've got kids and grandkids from paragould to conway so I'm out a lot.

I will probably have persimmons, chinquapin, lots of northern red from an extremely heavy cropper with good form, a good late crabapple, and maybe some other oaks.

I would like hazelnut, wild pear, wild plum, pawpaw, any chestnut and any white oak family.

Back