OFFICIAL 2016 Nut/Seed Exchange Thread

I'm looking for some paw paw seed. Anyone have some they would be willing to mail me? I'll gladly pay postage or ship something back in return.

I'll be out looking for some pawpaws this weekend catscratch so ill hook you up if I can any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be out looking for some pawpaws this weekend catscratch so ill hook you up if I can any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Send me a pm if you come up with any and we'll exchange addresses (and see if I have anything you want in return).
Thanks!

I have hundreds of paw paws in a thicket on my place,Id be glad to send seeds once they ripen.I will only say I don't know why anyone would want a paw paw tree on their farm unless they just like coyotes and coons.

Lol, I'm just experimenting with different stuff. Never even wondered if deer like them, want to try them for myself...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I found a few nice columnar white oaks today that are plantes in an office complex. The trees are all about 30 ft tall and only spread 6-8 ft max. Looks like a bunch of acorns on them too.

I can take some pics.......I pulled and acorn and I actually think it may be a columnar english oak. The acorns are so long that it looks to be more english than white.

I can get English oak,Bur oak,Swamp white oak,Chinkapin oak,red oak,all types of wild crabapple seed,wild pear seed,DCO acors,and black choke berry seed.

I would like to find any new Hybrid oak,old hybrid oak,hazelnut, persimmon seed,and would like to find some Concordia acorns.I would be glad to trade,or pay for the seed.

I can take some pics.......I pulled and acorn and I actually think it may be a columnar english oak. The acorns are so long that it looks to be more english than white.

1st, as you probably know, a columnar English oak is a member of the white oak family. ALL columnar white oak trees have ancestral ties to English columnar white oaks. The crimson spire is a cross between an English col. white oak and a white Oak (quercus alba) and the
Regal Prince is a cross between an English col. white Oak and a Swamp white Oak. I just gathered acorns from several Regal Prince trees and a few from Crimson Spire trees (most of the Crimson Spire trees I know about aborted their acorns early in the spring. I have a lot of photos comparing acorns, leaf structure, and tree shape; I'll try to post some at a later date. Also, I know of a tree that has almost all the characteristics of a Regal Prince EXCEPT tree shape (I suspect it is a genetic through-back). Given the size of the tree you describe in your post, it is likely it is an English col. WO ... and not a Crimson Spire or Regal Prince (they haven't been around long enough to get that big).

I would love to get some Concordia acorns...get in line, right? If not Concordia, other hybrids. My offerings are pretty tame: the best I have is two large, 35 year old Chinese hybrid chestnut that pollinate each other near me, one with small nuts and the other with big. I propagated from them this year and the seedlings are vigorous. Drop time is early October.

Anyone have some white oaks that they have followed long enough to say they are the "better" ones in the area?

I have several on my property, but they are hit and miss.......looking for some diversity!

Anyone have some white oaks that they have followed long enough to say they are the "better" ones in the area?

I have several on my property, but they are hit and miss.......looking for some diversity!
The one I have a picture of in the thread my biggest, makes a good crop every year I've owned the place. Now that I've said that it'll be a bust.
I'll see what it's done next week when I go up.
Our bow season starts next Sat!

Picked a bunch if chinkapin and SWO today........let me know if you want/need some.

Tommy......you getting some sawtooths again this year?

I have several nice white oaks in my yard that are loaded this year. I also have pin oak, water oak, willow oak, red oak and have been picking up sawtooth at the ball park.

Guys---I went and checked my Schuettes at the park and the trees have aborted 99% of the acorns. They are tiny this year--most about the size of pin oak acorns. I am sure it was due to the hot dry summer we had. So I will not be able to send any.

sorry
todd

Back