My Little Slice of Paradise

Great looking ride with the Polaris EV! Keep us posted on how you like it. I've had a Ranger mid-size 500 and now have a Ranger diesel. Almost pulled the trigger on the EV when I got the diesel but just wasn't sure how well it would hold up. Glad to see someone on here has one. Place looks fantastic!

Love that Polaris EV... I want one for our place as our road access is smack down the middle of our property but can't be helped because both sides are hollows, creek bottoms, ridges, etc...

Yeah I think I'm going to really like it. We almost have the same problem with perimeter access on our place but we have a perimeter road on the south side that is passable for the whole length of the property once you get down to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking crop of bucks! That electric ranger looks sweet, quiet travel would be great. What is the range on one of those?
Thanks! The range is supposed to be something like 30-40 miles but that is under optimum conditions. I expect the actual range to be something like half that. I put somewhere around 6-7 miles on mine last weekend and the battery was just below half charge when I was done. I was going up and down some pretty steep terrain during that time, used 4wd occasionally, and towed an ATV for a mile of that as well. I am convinced it is going to have more than enough juice to get me anywhere on the farm and back during hunting season.

I had a few new bucks show up on camera this time around, and was very happy to see a familiar buck show up! This buck is called Crabby 8 because he had short G3's last year that made the end of his main beams look like crab claws. I passed him twice in bow range last year and a buddy passed him once with a bow and once with a gun as well. I'm glad to see that he really blew up this year!
PRMS0748.jpg

PRMS0776.jpg

Also, I got a couple pictures of this nice 10-pointer. I don't know much about him at this point other than I think I would shoot him if given the chance!
08070133.jpg

Also had a bachelor group of what I believe to be 3.5 yr olds show up on camera in one area:
STC_0730.jpg

I'll be back up to the farm in a couple weeks to check cameras again and then plant the cereal grain portions of the LC mix in my plots. I'm hoping more shooters continue to show up! Archery season opens September 3rd in KY so I might have an opportunity at one of these bucks still in velvet.

Looks like you have a good amount of bucks to go after. Good luck with them! Looking forward to following along. The season is right around the corner.

Wow some very nice bucks you got coming in. Good luck with them. Since you've had the EV for a little while, how do you like it? Will it climb your steep hills or is it mainly a road machine? How long is the battery lasting on a charge? Thanks for showing, Paradise.

Wow! What a difference a year has made. The Crabby Eight is a real beauty this year. It looks like you will have a very exciting season. Good luck with the electric Polaris; it may turn out to be a great purchase. I look forward to hearing how it works out during the season.

What I see is that your age structure on the bucks is shaping up good. Think of 2017 and 2018 when you and your buddy decide which bucks walk this year.

On 725 with good management decisions like you are making, your hunting is going to improve each year.

Wow some very nice bucks you got coming in. Good luck with them. Since you've had the EV for a little while, how do you like it? Will it climb your steep hills or is it mainly a road machine? How long is the battery lasting on a charge? Thanks for showing, Paradise.

Have only gotten to use the EV once since I bought it. Round 2 will be this coming Saturday. I'll let you know how it does. I was very pleased with my first use as it had no trouble going up the steepest parts of my farm. This is very rugged terrain so I'm talking steep enough that it wouldn't be possible to stop on the slope without sliding backwards. I'm an experienced atv rider and am confident the EV will go anywhere an atv will as long as you have the width and the height that a UTV requires.

What I see is that your age structure on the bucks is shaping up good. Think of 2017 and 2018 when you and your buddy decide which bucks walk this year.

On 725 with good management decisions like you are making, your hunting is going to improve each year.

Yeah we've seen noticeable improvements over the last 4 years since we started getting serious about managing the farm. One of these days I'll put together a list showing how my hit list has changed over the years.

Good luck on those bucks and I too want to see how the EV holds up. Looks like you will give it a good workout in that mountainous country so if it will work there it will work for me too!

Really enjoying this thread and am super interested to keep hearing updates on the EV. I've almost pulled the trigger twice but haven't been brave enough yet to take the plunge. Still using the gas powered Ranger for now.

wow...everything seems to be shaping up great, bud!!!! including the bucks you have to hunt. Looks like it could really be a fun year, and I have to echo what wbpdeer said about 2017 & 2018. Assuming things continue breaking well, you guys are going to have a lot of options on what to chase on any given day. that's when things start getting ridiculously fun!

Nice group of bucks there in Western Kentucky. Good luck. When does season begin?

Thanks! Season opens September 3rd. I'll be pulling cards and planting the rest of my plots this Saturday in prep for the opener.

Back