Live from the Stand 2018

Deep woods here as well...trail cams show does getting a lot of interest again...

50e26338f7455c0881eb9a3161e93896.jpg

Interestingly enough this also a 25minute walk from our front door...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deep woods here as well...trail cams show does getting a lot of interest again...

50e26338f7455c0881eb9a3161e93896.jpg

Interestingly enough this also a 25minute walk from our front door...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you surprise your neighbors by walking across the pasture in bright blue boxer briefs too?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Good luck. If I were a deer I'd have a snack in that good looking field. Of course I'm staying a little dizzy staring at those spirals on your rifle.

The spirals make that bullet spin crazy fast;).

I switched out the sd cards in my camera about noon after I got out of my stand and sure enough, the buck I'd most like to see riding in my truck was there Wednesday morning while a buddy and I were eating breakfast prior to taking down my hog trap on the place I sold ! :mad:image.jpeg

The spirals make that bullet spin crazy fast;).

I switched out the sd cards in my camera about noon after I got out of my stand and sure enough, the buck I'd most like to see riding in my truck was there Wednesday morning while a buddy and I were eating breakfast prior to taking down my hog trap on the place I sold ! :mad:View attachment 14234

I had the sam thing happen last weekend. Cold front came in. Spitting rain and 20 mph winds with 30 degree temps so I opted to sit the blind in our plot and where I would normally have been he walks right in...200 yards from me...

7e982848cf1a53ae74e7c90d3c107222.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday evening I had this nice young 8 pointer come in on me. He just marched right on in...

1e5d9a1ebc911ecc8b141ba765db4f75.jpg

He was in front of me for a few minutes when all of a sudden I hear a deer running our but going across behind my stand. I look and it was one of our really nice 3.5 year olds and he was blazing through...the buck in front of me got nervous and headed off into the creek bottom. I sat there wondering what was going on when about 5 minutes passes and I hear something else coming and it is a German Shepherd...he passes directly on the trail of the buck that ran through at about 50 yards through the brush...a few minutes later a small reddish dog came through on the same path...

I saw 3 does after that at just before dark...

I had the sam thing happen last weekend. Cold front came in. Spitting rain and 20 mph winds with 30 degree temps so I opted to sit the blind in our plot and where I would normally have been he walks right in...200 yards from me...

7e982848cf1a53ae74e7c90d3c107222.jpg

Is that Rice Bran your feeding on the ground? Deer love it in my area.

Is that Rice Bran your feeding on the ground? Deer love it in my area.
Yes it is...earlier that same day is the first time I put it near that feeder. I have a rice bran feeding area near the south plot I normally feed at. 40 lbs will last 1 night...

Yes it is...earlier that same day is the first time I put it near that feeder. I have a rice bran feeding area near the south plot I normally feed at. 40 lbs will last 1 night...
Good stuff! I mix dried molasses in with it and sometimes cracked corn and distillers grain

Giving a go during Doe Day Weekend. Saw a small Spike Thursday night the first buck I’ve seen while hunting this piece, so that was a nice experience.

I have WTI Clover in this spot and it’s doing the best of them all. I’m starting to think Sunlight is the key and I might need to trim some branches off of the other lanes during this summer.

Getting pics of does n turkeys now, but the big bucks have vanished. SIL got a pic of one of our bigger ones on November 28, so we now they are here somewhere.

Anyway come on big doe.

d13b8b9513af343684f9edf5d44fa86f.jpg

05049a832e1c82d4189f6f4840408a56.jpg

Well the season ends today in S.C. — bittersweet afternoon. I’m excited to start winter projects but will miss sitting in a tree. Nothing moving this afternoon so far, which is par for the course over the last month. We’ve been cold, warm, and WET. The fields look like crap.

IMG_7015.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Mission was a success. Just got back from taking doe to meat processor. Ohio Muzzleloader starts Saturday will try for a buck then after that I’m done.

Back