Live from the stand 2016!

I will be out this afternoon & Sat. Company Christmas party Sun.
good luck - from what I have seen driving around in our area every little tint of green has deer all over it in the afternoons...you will probably be done by 4:30 this afternoon...

Thanks, pretty sure I'll get a crack at one...debating on getting the grandson out for one last hunt Sat before the "arctic blast"...isn't that on the Sonic menu? either way the weather men will be animated all weekend.
I wanted to get my grandson Eli out for Saturday morning but that is the day he see's his dad and without a box blind there is no way I am going to subject him to the "arctic blast" on Sunday...I am going to watch the weather and when it looks like we will have good conditions for the stand I want us to go to on Home 10 I will take off and pick him up for a nice evening hunt...

Well today starts another 10 day rifle onslaught of antlerless deer in our state and a bunch of our nice bucks that survived the 16 day rifle onslaught a couple weeks ago won't make it through this one. I am going to try and bowhunt when I can and I will take my grandson out with his rifle when we get the right wind condition/temperature conditions to hunt on Home 10. Our day here started at 29 degrees and is supposed to be a windy upper 50's by midnight tonight and then begin to fall around 4:30 - 5:00 AM with a huge actic blast moving in with 30+ MPH winds. Temps will be 20's by late evening tomorrow and single digits overnight Saturday night with a chance of light blowing snow. Sunday will be in the teens for a high...

Any Okies going to be out looking to snag a late season rifle doe? If you have any food whatsoever they will be easy pickings if you can handle the elements!

I'm going to try and get me a couple do before end of season. Gonna try with the bow though. I see them in the same field every night but haven't been able to get right on them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deer down. Poppa proud. More later

A more detailed story over at my Property Tour

Nine year old grandson Jack had been practicing with 223. He and I sat in the cold Thursday pm and this am. Saw a couple but no shot.
Mid day we were shooting at targets and I get an email with picture of deer at mandy. We put on a stealth stalk, snuck up behind a big hickory, and Jack did the rest. I tell him "Rest the gun on the tree, breathe, find shoulder and squeeze" First shot ever and no tracking needed.

rps20161216_201943.jpg

Pictures, phone calls, messaging, trip to processor and this is Jack on the way home

rps20161216_201802_835.jpg

Last edited:
Past week cold and windy with temps in single digits and windchill below zero. Morning temp of 6 deg warmed to near 30 this afternoon. Great day with no wind and dead quite in snow soaked woods with 3 day doe season in force.
I hate how some days I've just gotten too soft. Late getting out this evening heading to stand to take a doe with my pistol. Working slow checking out some spots I know deer sometimes browse, I literally rounded a mound and stood looking at two does at 30 yard, standing looking at me as if posing for a pic. Raised the 44 as I cocked hammer and with the one doe in cross hair….yea I wimped and dropped the pistol to my side releasing hammer. We stood for a minute staring at one another, and then they bounded up the mountainside. I placed the crosshairs on second one at 70 yards when she stopped, then shouldered pistol and continued to stand. Pretty worthless predator I am some days. Saw a few more doe and bucks, came home to dinner of backstraps in the crockpot.

a05bd3dfb5dde23a3728500f7ba4b106.jpg

Back out this evening! Saw a couple does and fawns this morning, and a spike.
Set this stand after this mornings hunt. Seen lots of deer pass this little opening from a stand that's about 50yds from here. Hopefully It works.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Didn't go out this morning after checking cams last night and realizing most activity here is in the evening now. 1 of my target bucks was near the stand I am in now twice before dark last week. Hoping with this cold front blowing through they get up early. Wind direction is perfect but ver blustery. Ice everywhere here...

Didn't go out this morning after checking cams last night and realizing most activity here is in the evening now. 1 of my target bucks was near the stand I am in now twice before dark last week. Hoping with this cold front blowing through they get up early. Wind direction is perfect but ver blustery. Ice everywhere here...
You are hardcore my friend

Dang,Missed a doe this evening, ranged her at 34 settled the pin and released, went right over her back. After the shot I ranged the spot and it said 27.
29761b1b53dbc749720fe3724e52a1ec.jpg
looks like just got a hair or two. Man been waiting all season for that.

Last edited:
Dang,Missed a doe this evening, ranged her at 34 settled the pin and released, went right over her back. After the shot I ranged the spot at it said 27.

Amazing how 7 yards can make such a difference. Sorry for the bad luck.

Dang,Missed a doe this evening, ranged her at 34 settled the pin and released, went right over her back. After the shot I ranged the spot at it said 27.

That's some aggravating dead dirt you have there Andrew. Sure is frustrating. Missing is kinda like riding a motorcycle in bad weather, you hate it, but it makes for some of the most interesting stories. Just sayin.

Back