Live from the stand 2016!

Sat in the salt flat stand this morning and saw 5 bucks. For the afternoon I moved over to 5 acres of LC mix in front of me, and 5 acres behind me. Wind has shifted from N this morning to SE now. Beautiful winter day in SC.

03a4da8fad88da2a1737a087eaf24ca3.jpg

d0c30f7f4305f40eb539367e6f535519.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Got a 106 lb doe. That's a good size for these parts. She was a bully - a lone yearling entered the field and this doe chased her around for half an hour. She did NOT want to share with the orphaned fawn. Rude.
Is that dressed weight or live weight?

Congratulations!

Live weight. Any doe over 90 lbs (live weight) is considered good sized down here on the coast. Biggest one I've ever killed was 125.

Got a 106 lb doe. That's a good size for these parts. She was a bully - a lone yearling entered the field and this doe chased her around for half an hour. She did NOT want to share with the orphaned fawn. Rude.
Congrats!

Just settled into the stand. 38 and the wind is blowing Overlooking a small clover plot in a valley. Hoping for some meat for the freezer

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Eli made a good hit on a die about 10 minutes ago. Now awaiting another one for me...
Way to go Eli and Okie.
I am headed back out this afternoon with Jack, his brother and his Dad. We have some deer in the are, just hoping they show up before dark. If not these raccoons are in trouble!

dec23d.JPG
dec23c.JPG
dec23b.JPG

4 more came in but it was the doe with triplets so I let them walk. We got down and verified his deer is down so we got back up in the stand for a little longer...

Got redemption. Another group came through and i hit one. Unfortunately it was a gut shot. Gonna have to wait ro track it. Going to hit the range while i wait. I have a feeling my scope got banged around somehow

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Glad some folks are still able to make it out. I'm hoping to go again New Years Eve. Congrats to everyone who has success!

Not sure if this is allowed but because of the popularity of this thread, I started a Facebook page dedicated to "live hunts." I'm hoping to get a large following of people to share their live hunt/fish experiences, pics, and videos. Please join and share your experiences there as well.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Livefromthestand

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eli's deer story...

I picked Eli up after work last night and brought him to our house so we could get an early start. SE wind and upper 30's with a chance of rain moving in. The wind was perfect to hunt "home 10" and the last time it was hunted was in early October when I took Eli there for youth season. We got up at 4:00 am and had cereal then we got all bundled up and took the 30 minute drive to our other house.

When we got there the field was covered in deer so I drove around it to clear it so we could get into the stand without being observed. After that little chore we gathered our gear and walked to the double ladder stand using the light from our pole light to navigate. We climbed aboard and I made sure Eli has a good rest. A little after 7 we had 2 big does and a fawn come in. I told Eli to take the shot on the one on the left when he had her solid in the crosshairs and told him to remember where I told him to aim for center mass. Didn't take him long to fire and I could see blood on the does side when she ran. I knew it was mortal so we stated a while longer to see if I could get one.

About 15 minutes went by and the doe with triplets came in but she is off limits per my rules so we just watched them. They left after about 10 minutes so we got down and verified Eli's kill and then hunted a little while longer and then decided to take care of the doe because light rain had moved in.

Here is Eli with his doe. I know she doesn't look real big in this photo but she dressed out at 98 lbs which is real good for this area...

a1712dbe75040c819f65f4931695cffa.jpg

Pointing out the hit...

e7ce18de6f0ced52623beda421ef51c1.jpg

She only went about 60 yards total. Eli was using his H & R .223 single shot.

He was excited and we completed the paperwork in his tag and took the deer to be processed...

b4a18f5efbfbe058f7adb55e4d35fbb3.jpg

Got him up too early so he napped on the way home...

d41cdeda5fb26a13e64451c59cd22d0a.jpg

If the rain stops later we are going back to find a nice one for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli's deer story...

I picked Eli up after work last night and brought him to our house so we could get an early start. SE wind and upper 30's with a chance of rain moving in. The wind was perfect to hunt "home 10" and the last time it was hunted was in early October when I took Eli there for youth season. We got up at 4:00 am and had cereal then we got all bundled up and took the 30 minute drive to our other house.

When we got there the field was covered in deer so I drove around it to clear it so we could get into the stand without being observed. After that little chore we gathered our gear and walked to the double ladder stand using the light from our pole light to navigate. We climbed aboard and I made sure Eli has a good rest. A little after 7 we had 2 big does and a fawn come in. I told Eli to take the shot on the one on the left when he had her solid in the crosshairs and told him to remember where I told him to aim for center mass. Didn't take him long to fire and I could see blood on the does side when she ran. I knew it was mortal so we stated a while longer to see if I could get one.

About 15 minutes went by and the doe with triplets came in but she is off limits per my rules so we just watched them. They left after about 10 minutes so we got down and verified Eli's kill and then hunted a little while longer and then decided to take care of the doe because light rain had moved in.

Here is Eli with his doe. I know she doesn't look real big in this photo but she dressed out at 98 lbs which is real good for this area...

a1712dbe75040c819f65f4931695cffa.jpg

Pointing out the hit...

e7ce18de6f0ced52623beda421ef51c1.jpg

She only went about 60 yards total. Eli was using his H & R .223 single shot.

He was excited and we completed the paperwork in his tag and took the deer to be processed...

b4a18f5efbfbe058f7adb55e4d35fbb3.jpg

Got him up too early so he napped on the way home...

d41cdeda5fb26a13e64451c59cd22d0a.jpg

If the rain stops later we are going back to find a nice one for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outstanding!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back