Kill it?

dogghr

When I did tillage for my crop rotation, I never had to deal with very much natural reseeding of previous years WW or WR. But since the tiller hasn't been in use now for 3 years, I see a good amount of regrowth of WR in my brassica plot.
Should I terminate it or does it have that much affect? I typically overseed spent brassica late Oct with WR anyway but was thinking perhaps with T & M tech that I shouldn't allow grain to grow initially. And is Cleth with AMS the best way to terminate the rye with brassica present? Plot is at its second week. I thot of spraying when I spread Urea in a couple weeks. Thots? Thanks.

Rye? Now it's a plant out of place. It's a weed! But, it's a weed deer like. Is it so thick it's competing with the brassicas? If you take it out will the plot be more attractive? If you don't take out the rye, will you let it go to seed, increasing the amount of volunteer rye? Sorry. I'm drawing a blank on "T & M tech...."

I certainly wouldn't worry about it.
It's pretty thick in one of the plots, probjust let it go and overseed RC after brassica is browsed.

Rye? Now it's a plant out of place. It's a weed! But, it's a weed deer like. Is it so thick it's competing with the brassicas? If you take it out will the plot be more attractive? If you don't take out the rye, will you let it go to seed, increasing the amount of volunteer rye? Sorry. I'm drawing a blank on "T & M tech...."
Yep in one plot it is pretty thick, the other not too bad. I was gonna spray it today with cleth but forgot straps for my atv sprayer. "T&M tech".....Throw and Mow technique. Not related to S&M I don't think.:)

You can see some of the plot to the left of the deer. Brassica is in there but it is certainly a carpet of green. Looks like a golf course.
IMG_0014B.jpg

As long as it isn't ryegrass I wouldn't worry about it. Ryegrain and rape is one of my favorite mixtures and it always does well together.

Thanks guys. I was going back and forth on it so I will leave as is. Now if my hunting season is a failure I have you guys to blame.:)

I agree with the consensus, it's a good looking food plot and volunteer beneficials are a bonus. We're willing to help shoulder the blame for a failed season (if you let us hunt this field of course)

Back