Crop Oil and Brassica

dogghr

Thanks to a very wet summer, I have a lot of reseeding WR and wheat in my 4 wk brassica planting. I am going to hit it with Cleth this wk hopefully if rains hold off. Normally I mix AMS and crop oil for this spray but am wondering if that crop oil would affect the young brassica. If so, I'll not use it. Whats you guys thots?

The crop oil sure burns clovers.
Have not used on brassica...........always too dry in the late summer and fall.

Thanks guys, kinda as I was thinking. Wouln't normally worry of it, but this wet weather has it going.

What about using a Non-Ionic Surfactant? I know it doesn't burn clover.

That is a good idea but I have 3 gal of crop oil and I’m too tight to buy other for now. Lol. Stupid I know. But thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been told cleth needs crop oil to work but I ran it on my conventional ag beans this year with non ionic surfactant. I am happy with the grass kill but it wasn't perfect. Could've been my fault as some of the grass was getting very tall and making a seed head.

Your killing me. I new you were tight but a gallon is only $10 and I know you blow more money than that on that hog you ride. LOL Just having some fun.
Lmao, just the old farmer in me. Plus 10$ is half a tank of gas in the HD and it only gets 45 mpg. Gotta save, times are hard and WR is up in price you guys tell me with fall planting around the corner.
KSbowhunter, yea i've used Cleth this time of year, and it certainly is not as effective and crop oil or adjunct does help. Now that I've been shamed I guess I'll spend the $10 on surfactant if I can sell my crop oil on ebay to cut my losses.:(

A stupod question, but why not let the grains growing to add to the mix? I mean, a lot of guys are planting WR with their brassica and you want to kill yours? Alleopathic to boot.

A stupod question, but why not let the grains growing to add to the mix? I mean, a lot of guys are planting WR with their brassica and you want to kill yours? Alleopathic to boot.
I was waiting for someone to say that since I'm always saying I overseed with rye and clover late fall into brassica. That's prob what I'll do since rains are coming in anyways. Plus saves me the $10!!

Better idea, you meet me at my farm and you can spray for me while I watch and have a beer and then I'll buy you a steak and lobster. And maybe give you some crop oil.

How about if I drink your beer AND spray for you? Then you can buy me that steak and lobster!
Wait! Weren't you just crying about the $10 you need to spend for non ionic surfactant to replace the crop oil you can't use?
Now I feel bad....:(, but not for too long!;)

I got so stressed about whether to spend that 10$ and what to spray I just ran away for a few days. Actually didn’t spray w rains coming anyway and put down 100#/ac urea to give brassica a kick. They were looking great already. Also broadcast some last year’s leftover Jackhammer radish in the new alalfalfa/ clover plot. And I’m jst sitting here enjoying the view letting it all do its stuff. Clear conscience is a great thing. Thanks for all the advice guys, it helped.
42704dcf27c2a08d9b1c1b42b4fa4597.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back