Buried Fletchings

Beans look good Gator.....maybe not good enough to eat, but good all the same. I have eaten them once they have dried, but never steamed while green. Plots are for the deer! So glad I don't have bears to deal with.

So I sprained my ankle pretty bad last time down at the farm (Oct 22) when headed out for an evening hunt. Been over a week and I still can't walk on it and I'm using crutches. I am supposed to be on vacation hunting but instead I'm at work waiting until I can at least walk a little. There's also a major heat wave coming later this week so I hope by the time it passes, I'll be ready to walk and climb a tree. Who knows, maybe staying off my farm will turn out to be beneficial...

So I sprained my ankle pretty bad last time down at the farm (Oct 22) when headed out for an evening hunt. Been over a week and I still can't walk on it and I'm using crutches. I am supposed to be on vacation hunting but instead I'm at work waiting until I can at least walk a little. There's also a major heat wave coming later this week so I hope by the time it passes, I'll be ready to walk and climb a tree. Who knows, maybe staying off my farm will turn out to be beneficial...
That's a real bummer...how did you sprain your ankle?

Tape it up and go. If you don't know how, then an athletic trainer can show you and get you going.

That's a real bummer...how did you sprain your ankle?
Definitely nothing exciting about it. While trying to get ready for the afternoon hunt, I was running in and out of the camper when I stepped half off the bottom step of the camper steps and rolled it bad. I've had many sprained ankles playing basketball most of my life and didn't think I could still roll it far enough to actually sprain but alas, I can!

Still on crutches as of right now but I'm giving in and heading down to the farm tomorrow. Temps are still going to be 80+ tomorrow so no plans to hunt until Friday morning at the earliest. Really hoping this ankle lets up and allows me to walk a little soon! I might be parking the golf cart a lot closer to stands than I normally would. I'm guessing that's probably not a big deal.

Sure hope you get better soon Gator. That sux. Don't let that bear see you injured or he may put on the chase. Cooler temps moving in finally for few days so might be good weekend coming. Good luck.

Still on crutches as of right now but I'm giving in and heading down to the farm tomorrow. Temps are still going to be 80+ tomorrow so no plans to hunt until Friday morning at the earliest. Really hoping this ankle lets up and allows me to walk a little soon! I might be parking the golf cart a lot closer to stands than I normally would. I'm guessing that's probably not a big deal.
Sorry to hear that, Gator. Hope its starting to feel better. Love your enthusiasm. Got a pic of the camper? I am entertaining the idea of getting one.

Not sure how well it will show but this is the golf cart not 10 yards from the base of my stand. Guess it's better than sitting on the couch!!
69174ba649047fd70ccbdeadf29add93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This shows my radish that was just spread into my standing beans.
ae0634c11ffc44a098444502e0ee93a3.jpg

This plot was tilled sowed and then cultipacked.
d3a545ddbf7ceb17a820f6c5dd4a4363.jpg

222146ce4a12346fb86af4ed1389c17b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There you go Gator! Where there is a will there is a way! Nice deer on top of it.....lots better than sitting on the couch!

Way to go crip! I have parked a 4 wheeler that close to stand a time or two. Glad you put one on the ground.

Back