Buried Fletchings

Gator,

You got any idea where you would consider for a new location? I do hope your sale goes great and your relocation even better.

Wayne

Gator,

You got any idea where you would consider for a new location? I do hope your sale goes great and your relocation even better.

Wayne

Not really Wayne. I'm definitely open to moving out of state but the issue is time invested in the government job. Though I'm not close to retirement, I have enough time in that I'm not ready to bail out so that limits the locations quite a bit. Other hobbies are hiking and mountain biking so something near some terrain is a must.

How is the ankle mending going? You back to normal yet? I retired from government service October of 2015. You protect that retirement situation. I get to smell the roses now and my life style has not changed one bit. That is a great feeling.

Ankle is finally about normal (which still isn't good, too much basketball back in the day). I'm right at 2 months now, things just don't heal the same way they used to :)

Ankle is finally about normal (which still isn't good, too much basketball back in the day). I'm right at 2 months now, things just don't heal the same way they used to :)
Just wait till the knee and hip replacements start from the Basketball history... I work with lots of knee and hip replacement folks and a common theme is active sports when young with basketball being numero uno for damage...

I motocrossed when I was young and broke my right leg into 21 shards and as soon as I got out of that cast I broke my left knee and went right back into a cast. My right leg grew back crooked because it was not set right by the quack who worked on it (should have used a bunch of pins but used none) so now I wear out my right boot real quick by walking on the side of my foot. A doctor told us back when I was 18 that I wouldn't be able to walk without some sort of surgery by the time I was 30 and I am still climbing these big ridges and up and down hollows and such and a lot of time carrying some pretty heavy stuff while doing it like ladder stands and such. I know my future is going to hold a new hip at some time because I already have twinges now in my 50's.

Good luck with the sale - NE Oklahoma holds some great deer and you can buy a heck of a chunk of up and down ground here for the price you have your place for sale at...

Already have knee problems too! Hips are good. Also have a bad right rotator cuff from volleyball. Damn sports!

Dang you guys in bad shape. Glad I'm still really really young and in great shape with no issues.:rolleyes: Good luck on the sale Gator, beautiful place you have. Will miss you being just over the mountain so to speak.

Pruned the orchard yesterday. Looks like it's going to be another fruitless year as the pears are already opening up. No way we are out of the deep freeze stages yet.

5636c12cb57698d9746d7a6e007fdf12.jpg

This is an Orient pear from WG. Love the natural shape of this pear.

8d43fb84f538611b566505edc07cef3f.jpg

This is my first year not planting rye. Last year was my first year of beans and then I overseeded with rye and radish when the beans yellowed. By the 1st of Feb the entire field was clear of any beans. This year I only overseeded the yellowing beans with radish, no rye, and the field is loaded with beans still and doesn't appear to be much of anything feeding in the field. I'm thinking the deer are attracted to the rye and while there would eat a few dried beans as well, this year with no rye attraction the beans are getting no use. Guess I should never skip the rye again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost another trail cam to grumpy bear. Stupid things are very grumpy when they get up. Cam went down on the 29 of Jan!

Finally gettting some growth on a couple of DCOs.
72cc03eb203539f32afedc4cd5b5a85c.jpg

890a4bb9eaa9e444f8b630b435404a05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see an update from Buried Fletchings! Same with our place regarding the pears. Already blooming with basically no winter down here at all. 75 degrees today. Without questions, we'll have a late frost as we always do.

I was down at the farm yesterday showing the property to some guys from another state. Got to check on my fruit trees and though they have lost a lot of potential fruit to the cold, I still have a few blooms and the long term forecast looks ok so I'm hopeful these new owners will get to enjoy some pears and crab apples...

I was down at the farm yesterday showing the property to some guys from another state. Got to check on my fruit trees and though they have lost a lot of potential fruit to the cold, I still have a few blooms and the long term forecast looks ok so I'm hopeful these new owners will get to enjoy some pears and crab apples...
I guess you sold it then?

Back