Buried Fletchings

After seeing and hearing about the issues with bears and hogs (other threads) I am so glad I have neither. I will put up with a few yotes as long as all those other critters just stay away!

Its not a great pic but this is my doe just prior to me shooting. You can see my legs in the double ladder stand across the plot. This was opening weekend.
meinstand.jpg
Was back at the farm this past weekend. Here's one of my target bucks in the same clover plot, notice I'm not in the stand. I was sitting in white oaks about 300 yards south of this plot.
menotinstand.jpg

This clover plot is in dire need of some attention :(

Its not a great pic but this is my doe just prior to me shooting. You can see my legs in the double ladder stand across the plot. This was opening weekend.
View attachment 3972
Was back at the farm this past weekend. Here's one of my target bucks in the same clover plot, notice I'm not in the stand. I was sitting in white oaks about 300 yards south of this plot.
View attachment 3973

This clover plot is in dire need of some attention :(

Gotta hate it when that happens. So the question is, is it better knowing that he was there when you weren't too far away, or is ignorance bliss? Haha. He looks like a nice one! Oh, and if your timestamp is right on your camera there was plenty of shooting light left.

Very cool that you were in the game cam pic along with the doe right before your shot! Haven't seen that one before.

Gotta hate it when that happens. So the question is, is it better knowing that he was there when you weren't too far away, or is ignorance bliss? Haha. He looks like a nice one! Oh, and if your timestamp is right on your camera there was plenty of shooting light left.

Very cool that you were in the game cam pic along with the doe right before your shot! Haven't seen that one before.
I'm actually wondering if I bumped him when I was walking in being that I was that close to him. I'm mixed on having the pic. The good news, I know he's still alive and on my farm. The other good news, he's out in shooting light and could have been harvested not to mention deer were moving that afternoon because I saw nothing but turkeys down in the white oaks. The bad news is I almost always pick the wrong stand :)

The plot can't need too much help....the deer don't seem to mind.

I always sit in stands and wonder what is going on in other locations.....especially if I'm not seeing anything where I am. The fact that the buck was there is great, the fact you where not there.....well, that's a chance you take. lots of things to consider when you choose which stand to hunt....at least I do. To some extent you still have to be in the right place at the right time. You got time to get him yet.

Cold front coming thru. High today is 85, tomorrow it drops to 72, Saturday is 61. Looks like it's time to head to the farm!

Cold front coming thru. High today is 85, tomorrow it drops to 72, Saturday is 61. Looks like it's time to head to the farm!
We are a couple days ahead...Our cold front is today and tomorrow and then the big bad warmup just in time for the weekend :( Our long range shows nothing but heat and wind for the 9 day Muzzleloader season coming up starting Saturday but good news if you like a South wind because that is the only flavor for the entire week...I don't... :(

Neat to have pic of doe just before you shot. I had a case one time where I shot at a buck and could not find blood. There was camera near by so I thought I would at least have a picture of the buck. My luck, batteries were shot.

Cool camera pic from the stand Gator! Believe I'd be hanging out in that stand for the buck that showed up.

Ended up passing a small bear yesterday evening. Hoping I don't regret it after finding more damage to my blind and blind chair!
59e16758123c3522118d31a41b480edc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chose the wrong stand again this morning. Lunch time cam check showed buck in the field this morning about sunrise. Setup between bedding and field now hoping to intercept. Did some Lunch time scouting and couldn't find any whites with more than a couple of acorns under them. They appear done already!

Ended up passing a small bear yesterday evening. Hoping I don't regret it after finding more damage to my blind and blind chair!
59e16758123c3522118d31a41b480edc.jpg

I cracked up on your comment on FB about hunting a stand over your blind. Not a bad Idea that I might try. Sorry for your grouchy bear, he obviously does not like you and/or your smell.

Just got caught up on your thread, Gator. Congrats on the big doe and wow what a pain of a bear. That would sure get under my skin.
Go get em'

I know I've heard others talk about the lack of bean pods on their Eagle beans but mine seem to be producing lots.

Does anyone else eat their soybeans? I just recently discovered how good steamed green soybeans are.
2f32a822e32c175ad7a202c8bc9f2d87.jpg

I love the form that these Orient pears have. By far the best natural shape of all my varieties.
e0adeb27ad8409af7d3dbd41f8b28865.jpg

1e082d2920a137702f468a74ab5cf4bc.jpg

Orient pear looks great. I have 4 planted and another 4 at the house that I will plant after deer season. I have given up on my other pears in trying to shape the perfect tree. Those pears can be tough to train.

Back