Anyone in the south planting already?

MarkDarvin

I thought places in Texas started putting in corn by early March. Anyone planting anything or at least showing any green? It's gonna be at least another month or longer before we seed mud emerge from the snow banks.

I'm not planting food plots, but I have been on a tear transplanting shrubs and direct seeding chinkapins. I'm also cutting scion wood. Some pears already had green tips today.

IHonXU6.jpg

j3hWDZr.jpg

WlhWIVf.jpg

Normally I’d be about 2 weeks out from planting field corn, but not this year. Prices are too high and the land is too dry. Sweet corn will go in when soil temp is 60 degrees because I set up irrigation on the field.

7FE2E0FD-562D-402D-9D59-F515C89367A9.jpeg

Wheat, oats, vetch, and some volunteer clover. I stopped planting rye because it’s not as desirable to deer and it doesn’t get cold enough to winter kill wheat and oats here.

I may switch back to rye, however, if I ended up getting a roller crimper.

Wheat, oats, vetch, and some volunteer clover. I stopped planting rye because it’s not as desirable to deer and it doesn’t get cold enough to winter kill wheat and oats here.

Looks like you have some pretty good "help" in that photo as well

bill

Are you on sandy ground there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back