"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Sometimes things just go awry and the hits just keep coming...

A few weeks ago I was working on my GTO while it was on a trailer hooked to my truck and I used a 12" crescent wrench I keep in the bed of my truck. After I got done using it I tossed it back into the bed of my truck and it just happened to land squarely on the rubber sidewall of my trailer spare that was back there and it spring boarded right into my back glass and shattered it...$450 slider destroyed :(

I decided to plant my fall crops on August 18th as I had a short window of time between Brushhog jobs and we were in a wet weather pattern so I bought $300 worth of seed and fertilizer and did our south plot up right. Chisel plow, disk, 400 lbs of triple 19, disked it in again, spread seed and lightly disked it in. Not 1 drop of rain has fallen since and now 90's, windy, and no rain in sight...

Was on a big Brushhog job and noticed the 2 yr old Rhino Brushhog was really vibrating badly like the blades were out of sync so I lifted the hog to check it out thinking it may have something wrapped up in the blades...stump jumper was ripped and blades weren't able to articulate correctly...had to finish season with old worn out cimarron hog that leaks the grease out so fast I have to use grease from a grease gun instead of gear oil...$358 to fix Rhino...

On same 29 hour Brushhog job I was cleaning under brushy trees by backing the hog under them and broke the assembly that holds the taillight off of my right rear fender...$45

Was washing the radiator fins out after finishing a job and preparing to go to another job and when I was getting ready to leave I noticed a white reaction residue on my steel trailer floor and the bluish colored gravel of our driveway had turned rust colored where the water ran off of it...pulled the battery and you guessed it...hole in the bottom. No worries, pick up a battery on the way to my next job...First stop autozone...take it in and they say "put it here on the counter" and I tell them it is leaking...they look at me in horror and exclaim they can't take any leaking batteries in exchange. They tell me only Walmart can do that so we leave and drag the tractor to Walmart.

As I bring it into local Walmart I have a couple associates trying to assist me. They have the exact battery I need in 3 different warranty levels starting with 1 yr, 2 yr, and 5 yr. I am deciding to get the 5 year when another associate asks what the battery came out of. I told him a Kubota L3830 so he looked in their system and couldn't find any Kubota listings...they had Deere, Mahindra, new holland, ford, kioti, and a whole host of off brand foreign tractors but no Kubota. "Is Kubota an off brand they ask" I tell them it is as off brand as Deere...Told me since it wasn't in their system the warranty would make no difference since they wouldn't honor it...

Drag tractor to o'reilleys auto parts, take battery in, set it on the floor, tell them I want to buy a battery, they ask what application, I tell them, they tell me where it is on the battery rack, buy 2 year warranty battery for $123 and walk out the door...

This isn't everything...there is the matter of a bear stealing $100 worth of feeder that I can't find. Supercharger seals going out at drag strip last month and then battery going dead because alternator decided to take a dump...bent trailer axle, etc...

I've been away for a while but your place is still looking good Okie. Nice bucks you got cruising around!

Thanks pinetag, looking forward to hunting a couple of them..wondered where you were had been...
Okie sounds like you need to load up and take a vacation for a week or two.
Amen brother...I finished my last scheduled Brushhog job last night. I had a couple regulars hinting to me just as I was finishing up their places a month ago that they wanted me to hit them again but we haven't had any rain at all since Iast did it so it probably hasn't grown much if any...I do all of this along with my 40 hour normal day job gig so I can have lots of time off in the fall...looking at lots of time off :)

Sorry to hear that things have not been going as smoothly for you as they could be. Maybe someone's trying to tell you that you need to spend more time hunting and fishing?
Whenever things aren't going well for me I look around for people who have things worse than I do and suddenly my situation doesn't seem that bad. And we usually don't have to look very far.

Thanks pinetag, looking forward to hunting a couple of them..wondered where you were had been...
Should get back to being active on the site again. Had a lot going on recently. I wish I could say it was because of a land purchase but not quite yet. A bunch of expenses have kept me at bay on that but looking through your thread you know all about expenses adding up. LOL Really hoping in the next couple of months I will be able to pull the trigger on something though. I didn't rejoin my hunt club as I was expecting to have made a land purchase by now so I am going to get out and hunt my wife's uncle's place this year, which is my ideal property anyway. Hopefully he's still willing to sell it to me. We'll see what kind of activity is going on out there which would give me an idea of plans for the future. Will probably hunt the surrounding state forest too! Man, i can't wait to own my own place! All of you guys give me hope.

Sorry to hear that things have not been going as smoothly for you as they could be. Maybe someone's trying to tell you that you need to spend more time hunting and fishing?
Whenever things aren't going well for me I look around for people who have things worse than I do and suddenly my situation doesn't seem that bad. And we usually don't have to look very far.
That would be a wise thing for me to do but I am always trying to better my wife and my situation therefore I work a bunch...I wouldn't trade places with anyone though because even with these setbacks I am truly blessed in my life...

WOW, Okie, I have not been so active on forum lately and find out you are having a week of Mondays. Hope Lady Luck shines on you from now on through hunting season!
Hope so too Milt...I have a good feeling about this fall...just put a new stand together a few minutes ago...

Okie...I'm with Buckeye. Time for you to get out of dodge and let the streak of bad luck pass on by brother! Take solace in the fact that you'll soon be sitting in a tree chasing one of those big boys you have on camera!
Going to take the weekend off and do some outdoor gear shopping with the wife and go to one of our favorite restaurants, catch a soccer game Eli is playing in and attend a movie with my daughter and of course church on Sunday. Supposed to be in the 90's this weekend so being in the AC most of it will be a nice change! October can't get here quick enough!
I think plugging one of those massive bucks you always have should make you feel hell of lot better. Hope your luck changes. If it runs, its gonna break, and usually not at a good time.
I hope to be able to follow your advice this fall on the deer...season should lay out nice on dates off if weather cooperates...I hear you on if it runs...that's the reason I like the Kubota so well...

Got a few cam pics a lil bit ago from across the road...

9f53b3493816a6bd151caaeb0048fa56.jpg

a8cc53fe8cb8e4e7b8b3ff5746ed03ff.jpg

6f67c3f227e396ddfdbfc729eeefde7e.jpg

9ae38a1d6fc86b21eb1df8a53a41c104.jpg

14fa0b9a900a9fd32a030af6372bf68a.jpg

982a1044eb488830f120c6e9b9f1e5fd.jpg

2c6b68ee8091cd571889add2a0745aa2.jpg

fc0fd64a5f41d810186b29cfd6b1ed1b.jpg

6a5b17421b656c9329d40b621596fc41.jpg

d4002108279a63f37f450e1f81d70d30.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Checked on Home 10 after work. 4 weeks without rain has done a number on this sandy soil land...this first photo where my shadow is falling is established clover and has not been tilled. Turkeys came in and have been scratching it since it went dormant...

9330bba1175c6728b8f996a9b5275a31.jpg

Tilled plot that has been planted for 3 weeks...no rain, dry when planted...

42a48e2bfc0bbb03214b95d22db6e0cd.jpg

Sawtooth acorns...

348496413995b9b66ca36cc715d2463d.jpg

1593c86381fdf092ba26e6f24ba58e2d.jpg

Some are dropping...

d41fc5205aeabc16b2871db5d1a36973.jpg

4a17a801c59e2eb2f4c76cef6e5ce33d.jpg

7 out of 9 sank...

b96e2f958262b0a76b7b5a2a7d5b34e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to transport my tractor so often that I wanted to show how I save time loading and unloading it. I don't use the ramps...just the FEL...

c7ca6dc1ada18e7d687a123a59e97413.jpg

ac931efc05ac9c4b9557f85a7837de1f.jpg

cb29143b7b17e63931c0145731d6cd6f.jpg

0f9262b85d41a57eefbf01fec3319876.jpg

bb54dc945c679acb34bfecdee993cd33.jpg

Back will climb right up on there once the fronts are on...unload same way...

I have to transport my tractor so often that I wanted to show how I save time loading and unloading it. I don't use the ramps...just the FEL...

c7ca6dc1ada18e7d687a123a59e97413.jpg

ac931efc05ac9c4b9557f85a7837de1f.jpg

cb29143b7b17e63931c0145731d6cd6f.jpg

0f9262b85d41a57eefbf01fec3319876.jpg

bb54dc945c679acb34bfecdee993cd33.jpg

Back will climb right up on there once the fronts are on...unload same way...

I got my trailer with a 2 ft dove tail and 2 ft longer than i planned and do the same thing definitely a time saver loading and unloading

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have been using the same loading procedure as the ramps are just a pain to lug around. My trailer is 18 feet but 2 feet is a tail that I hate as it drags on everything. If I had a torch I think I would cut it off.

I have been using the same loading procedure as the ramps are just a pain to lug around. My trailer is 18 feet but 2 feet is a tail that I hate as it drags on everything. If I had a torch I think I would cut it off.

My trailer is an 18' dovetail as well...I wish it was a 20'...

Back