"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

That's some good pond work Okie! Sorry your pasture is burned up. Time to start feeding. I know many who have been hauling water for quite some time now. :(
Thank you...the pond should be the best it has been in my lifetime. When my folks purchased the land in 1970 that pond was down in the woods behind the house and my brother and I when we got old enough to drive cut all the woods down with Poulan chainsaws and sold the red oak wood so dad could have more pasture. I caught my first trap line animal right behind that dam and now that land is mine so I am really wanting it to turn out nice. Already feeding hay and liquid feed...

That buck looks awfully skinny, but at least it isn't a disease running through your herd. I can handle the occasional roadkill or injury related buck death. I'm much less forgiving for poachers. And much more happy when it isn't disease.

I don't care what the law says, that buck would get a mercy kill from me if given the chance...
I was in the stand near that feeder yesterday evening and deer were winding me right and left because it was all wrong but I was trying to take him out of the herd with my bow. He walked in at last gray light and stood directly behind the feeder and I had no shot and then it got dark and I had to get down to leave while he was still there...

I don't care what the law says, that buck would get a mercy kill from me if given the chance...
It's hard to say though what will happen to it.

When I was a young boy and we used to go Spotting at night there was a certain Field where a 3-legged Doe hung out. She was there for many years. Almost always had twin Fawns and Triplets a few years.

They are Tough Resilant Animals and are able to recover from many things.

If he can fight off the infection he has a good to great chance of survival IMO.

It's hard to say though what will happen to it.

When I was a young boy and we used to go Spotting at night there was a certain Field where a 3-legged Doe hung out. She was there for many years. Almost always had twin Fawns and Triplets a few years.

They are Tough Resilant Animals and are able to recover from many things.

If he can fight off the infection he has a good to great chance of survival IMO.

Yeah, but going into winter that skinny? Not necessarily the cold factor, but lack of food when he is already soooo thin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a buck get hit by a neighbor on her way to work. It looked just like Okie's buck. Got "see the ribs" skinny that fall. It basically lived in a food plot by our house all winter. He made it until the next summer, grew a full rack, then died late that summer. I wouldn't have given him a 5% chance of making it that winter but he did. I was actually surprised when he quit showing up because he had made it so long, kind of figured he found a way to make it.

The last photo I have of him was this one and he looks horrible in it. I am going to start watching for buzzards...

4456a54670f8c15d3c67eb1ee4bc2f58.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He definitely has a real bad Infection going through him.

Hope he makes it, but he does look very rough for this time of year. If the Infection doesn't get him the Coyotes will in his weaken state.

Haven’t posted on my thread in awhile. I got 1 deer this year...not here but on our deer lease. 4.5 yr old 9 pointer back in October with the muzzleloader... been doing a lot of work over on home 10 for the cattle but a couple days back we got a little excitement up here on Whitetail Hollow...I hate losing trees and if you watch enough of the video you will see what I mean...we lost some giants...

Nice work with the dozer. One question though... where the heck did you come up with the dozer music?
I hope you liked it...as I grow in my understanding of editing I am trying to make the time lapse portions to have some more engaging music...the 1 minute sections of music are from the 5 total tracks IMovie provide but now when I have 2-3 minutes sections of TL I use the duty free music provided by YouTube. This was my first video to use it.

I did like the music! Wasn't what I expected though. Hank Williams Jr or some old Cash would have been appropriate but I bet a person doesn't get those for free.

Fun day at the dyno! Can't belive ya hit 924 at such a low rpm. Amazing!

A trick I used to do to do with timing at startup was to turn the ignition power off, but keep power to the starter. Get the engine spinning first then turn power on to the ignition. That way the starter motor isn't fighting the advance in the timing when first cranking. Pretty low tech compared to what you're doing.

Back