"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Aren't you in the Tahlequah area? I've never seen a bear. Seems like they should be on the other side of the country, not a couple hours drive away.
I've got an aunt with a house on Tenkiller. Beautiful lake and country!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bears everywhere over this direction and expanding! I have been lucky to not get any pictures in our 80 yet but a neighbor has.

Our deer lease is down by tenkiller and is absolutely covered up in bears...

8757502626909ba169ff398eb9387dd9.jpg

820d7d98259077e814172795fd2ef674.jpg

cae3b6719ba12c24a3865f6e0667586c.jpg

Friggin nuisances...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope they don't follow the armadillos north and end up here. You can keep the pigs down there too. :)

Any chance there is a bear season where where you're at?
I would be happy to come help with nuisance control. :)

Any chance there is a bear season where where you're at?
I would be happy to come help with nuisance control. :)
Not yet...the game wardens want one here but the tree huggers in tulsa and okc pushed back and we had to have a 5 year study done which is almost over and then all the other red tape...I myself just see them as an overgrown raccoon and value them the same...

Wonder if Chickasaw plum from the state would be do better than the American plum.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wonder if Chickasaw plum from the state would be do better than the American plum.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have planted American and Sand plum on our home 10 from the state nursery and they have to be protected there as the deer will never let them take off!

I could probably get them started here with our low deer density...

Got my seed from the coop today. 50 lb bag of daikon radishes, 100 lbs of wheat, 300 lbs of Elbon rye grain, 25 lbs of Barduro red clover and 10 lbs of Durana white clover...

04203ed06eeda20aed381f2a48b92a76.jpg

Got my seed from the coop today. 50 lb bag of daikon radishes, 100 lbs of wheat, 300 lbs of Elbon rye grain, 25 lbs of Barduro red clover and 10 lbs of Durana white clover...

04203ed06eeda20aed381f2a48b92a76.jpg

Nice! I didn't realize you had enough ground for that many radishes.

I don't but they wouldn't sell them to me in a lesser amount so I bought a full bag for just a few bucks more than I could get 25 lbs for from Hancock seed company...

I do have 2 properties I can use them on so home 10 will get a bunch of it...

May sell a few lbs to guys on my lease too...

Our COOP sells radish, clovers, chicory, Harry vetch, and some other stuff by the scoop. Same price per pound as buying a bag. I guess they had enough guys ask that they just started buying a bag and opening it.
Looks like a good mix for ya. Enjoy planting.

Our COOP sells radish, clovers, chicory, Harry vetch, and some other stuff by the scoop. Same price per pound as buying a bag. I guess they had enough guys ask that they just started buying a bag and opening it.
Looks like a good mix for ya. Enjoy planting.

I need to get some chicory and PTT seed and I will be set...

I like to do throw n mow where possible but that is not possible up here on the hollow because we are in a huge fly zone for a huge crow roost... my plots are covered in crows now I guess looking for clover seed that has fallen...

I'm picking up seed tomorrow. You want me to buy some and mail it to you? Chicory and PTT seed is small and light, could probably get quite a bit in a small parcel box...

I'm picking up seed tomorrow. You want me to buy some and mail it to you? Chicory and PTT seed is small and light, could probably get quite a bit in a small parcel box...
I could sure use some chicory...my coop will have PTT in a week. What would you have to have a lb for some chicory?

I don't remember (getting old, I just bought some a couple of days ago). It wasn't more than a 2-3 dollars per pound. Then whatever postage is. Just let me know how much and an address and I can ship it tomorrow.

i bought a 50 pound bag last year of radish seeds and still have some left over. Will they be ok to plant this year?

I don't remember (getting old, I just bought some a couple of days ago). It wasn't more than a 2-3 dollars per pound. Then whatever postage is. Just let me know how much and an address and I can ship it tomorrow.

I will get with you on it in the morning. Thanks!

Problem with bears is they can climb, stand on 2 legs, etc... free standing feeders are toast around them. Anything you leave in the woods including trail cams and stands are not safe and if you have a camper/cabin with food in it they will try to break in.

I knew they can be very destructive! I think I'd hate them more than pigs.

I knew they can be very destructive! I think I'd hate them more than pigs.

He have had a camper destroyed and a cook tent pretty well made a mess of...the camper had no food in it at all...

b689880d3c71daf0b73d7022bed93114.jpg

0cdecb10393367f080645fae69a19ee8.jpg

Back