What is this shrub with purple flowers?

j-bird

OK - I was out the other day and saw this and the flowers obviously caught my attention. I ASSUME it's not some sort of landscape sort of shrub, but I could be wrong. South central/eastern Indiana. Seems to do OK in the shade as well. It is NOT Jap bush honeysuckle! It's form however is VERY similar. I am VERY familiar with JBH. The bark pic is blurry - sorry about that. I did not break a stem or anything like that.

shrub 1.jpg
shrub 2.jpg
shrub 3.jpg

J - look closely at your second picture. It isn't a shrub - It's a vine climbing a bush or small tree. I can see 4 places the vine is wrapping around the trunk in that pic.

With that said my guess is what they call Lavender Trumpet Vine. I don't much about it. Folks use it a lot for ornamental purposes.

J - look closely at your second picture. It isn't a shrub - It's a vine climbing a bush or small tree. I can see 4 places the vine is wrapping around the trunk in that pic.

With that said my guess is what they call Lavender Trumpet Vine. I don't much about it. Folks use it a lot for ornamental purposes.
I see what your talking about, but I don't think so. When I get a chance I will stop by that location again and double check, but I looked it over pretty good......I am pretty confident it's a shrub Native. IF I'm wrong, I'm wrong....been wrong before....just ask my wife....she remembers EVERY TIME!

Back