The Playground

Made it up last weekend to mow some trails and slop in a few plots. My pto was locked up tight on the mower so I couldn't hook on to the tiller. Sprayed with gly and threw out about 1.5 acres of wheat. Then mowed or rolled depending on the plot. Little early for wheat but they had a good chance of rain all week. Sprayed down the PTO with Kroil before I left to hopefully loosen up. Any suggestions on getting a stuck PTO off?

Made it up last weekend to mow some trails and slop in a few plots. My pto was locked up tight on the mower so I couldn't hook on to the tiller. Sprayed with gly and threw out about 1.5 acres of wheat. Then mowed or rolled depending on the plot. Little early for wheat but they had a good chance of rain all week. Sprayed down the PTO with Kroil before I left to hopefully loosen up. Any suggestions on getting a stuck PTO off?
Haven’t had to tackle that as of yet.

Throw some heat on it and it should separate. Don’t get it cherry red but get it hot. You might tap on it pretty hard with a hammer before you try the heat. Gonna need a oxy/acetylene torch to get it hot enough. Good luck !

My usual default mode is "tapping" with a hammer and liberal application of swear words! That failed. Hopefully the penetrating oil works but if not I'll try heating it up. Thanks

Can you get behind the lip with the "hook" on the end of a crowbar? (keep a short wood block handy) A little late for this time, but shot of wd-40 on the PTO before hookup goes a long way...

1723751135908.png

9ff718918cdd855ab826555a2fe5455c.jpg

This was my dwarf chinkapin oak about a month ago. Any ideas what would cause this? Also had the same thing on some bigger white oaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9ff718918cdd855ab826555a2fe5455c.jpg

This was my dwarf chinkapin oak about a month ago. Any ideas what would cause this? Also had the same thing on some bigger white oaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ours look like that, but it is a result of hail for us.

Back