The Farm - Madison County, GA

Not screwing around with it in hot, dry weather. In the past I have sprayed the wild ryegrass that comes up in the winter hoping to get rid of it--which I never have. Durana is the only thing I know of that seems to thrive with wild ryegrass. So this year I just let it be so that the dead ryegrass would serve has kind of a mulch to retain moisture in the hot times. Worked awesome. And, as you can see, most all of it has rotted down now. So, my lesson learned is just leave it alone--at least until it starts growing good again once it cools down. Then I could mow it a little I guess, but I'm just gonna let it be.

Great crop of apples this year. Time for apple crisp, apple pies, fried apples, etc. Yummy!!View attachment 19533
If you've never tried it, Try Cooking an Apple on a Stick Over a Fire like you would a Hot Dog or Marshmellow.

As a Kid at a Church Weiner Roast, me and a cousin grabbed a couple of Apples off of the Tree that grew there. After we cooked one, and everyone got a taste, we couldn't cook them fast enough for the demand.

If you've never tried it, Try Cooking an Apple on a Stick Over a Fire like you would a Hot Dog or Marshmellow.

As a Kid at a Church Weiner Roast, me and a cousin grabbed a couple of Apples off of the Tree that grew there. After we cooked one, and everyone got a taste, we couldn't cook them fast enough for the demand.

That sounds good. Like a grilled apple I imagine.

Hmm... Sounds like a winner at the coming fall campout. I'll take the credit if you don't mind...;):D

Yeah, I'm not putting any money on that. One thing I don't understand is out in Nebraska, you can have a 40 acre parcel that no hunting is allowed on and bucks won't leave it. For nothing in gun season. Matter of fact, every nice buck within 5 miles will go there. Yet I have 200 acres here where they're safe and they won't stay on it. For nothing.

Back