Starting my journey...Locust Hill Farms in the Piedmont of Northern VA

Been a while since I've posted. Been BUSY...

Finally started thinning pines on another part of the property. We started thinning 65 acres of pines about a month ago but after we started it was obvious the stand wasn't thick compared to other stands on the farm. We decided to clear cut and start over on the section. They knocked it out 2 weeks earlier than they thought it would take.

We are currently on a 50 acre block where we are thinning about 30-35% of the trees on 20 acres and doing a 50-60% thinning on the rest. The red outlined section is the next block in question.

70472081678__A95AF23D-4016-46C7-9806-X4.jpg

Farm looks great; food plots are blooming and look great.

IMG_3911-X4.jpg

I had one buck I was really interested in finding the sheds to:
69931901610__8E507BBC-7448-49D6-ABBE-X4.jpg

Had my farm worker find one in a hay field and I went looking for the other side shortly after and found it about 350 yards away.
IMG_3774-X4.jpg

IMG_3792-X4.jpg

Our family has had a busy summer so far. Been running in a lot of directions. I’ll try and update the logging progression soon just a lot to digest.

Have a buddy who bought one of those really fancy drones with infrared technology. He’s been doing some scouting in the evenings messing around and sends me photos and videos once he’s done. He found a pretty nice typical last night.

Thats really cool. Do you know what type drone he has? Wife is getting me one for my bday. Nice buck too. Love the frame

Thats really cool. Do you know what type drone he has? Wife is getting me one for my bday. Nice buck too. Love the frame
Yeah that’s a good question, the deer were completely unaware, or at least didn’t care.

It’s a DJI M30T Matrice. It has a lot of bells and whistles and the price tag shows that! He’s trying to do a little side gig shooting videos for people, doing some scouting for people etc.

Back