The Farm - Madison County, GA

Took this yesterday at ground level in one of my bedding areas. I’ve developed several of these on south-facing areas of about 2 acres in size. On a windy day the grasses really slow the wind 3576AA56-2F60-4FE0-A5B4-E56F88D3BADF.jpeg down and if it’s sunny they’re really comfortable on a cold day.

Took this yesterday at ground level in one of my bedding areas. I’ve developed several of these on south-facing areas of about 2 acres in size. On a windy day the grasses really slow the wind View attachment 20954 down and if it’s sunny they’re really comfortable on a cold day.

Looks great. Is it switch grass ? If so, what was involved in planting, and how old is it ?

I have about an acre of land I had cleared, but discovered it’s too rocky to want to till and plant regularly. I’m giving some thought to putting it into switch grass, but don’t know much about it. Thanks.

Rusty

Broomsedge is native. It will encroach in fields (and plots) but proper pH and fertilization slows it. I have lots of poor soil that I don’t want to spend money on amending so I let broomsedge grow and form bedding areas. Plus, it’s FREE. God has provided an answer to every problem.

Back