Rowdy and Heidi

The play area resembles a place they might track deer.

Rowdy is on the left and Heidi is on he right.

Elkie is in the Kennel behind Rowdy and Heidi.

Rowdy is in the foreground, with Elkie behind him. The smallest of the three is Heidi.

Well I hope they can help solve Rowdy's problem. Hope you have good traveling weather.

Wayne

The pen contains a large area that has similar native vegetation to where they'll track.

Rowdy has several congenital eye abnormalities and is being shipped back to Europe. This is sad for all concerned and nobody is to blame. Rowdy came from the best dogs in Europe and they had no history of eye disease. This is very sad for all concerned!

Yes that is very sad news. I just loved that little dog. It is unfortunate but some things are just determined at birth.

I sure wish your news had of been good. Hope you get a good replacement for Rowdy.

Wayne

Yes that is very sad news. I just loved that little dog. It is unfortunate but some things are just determined at birth.

I sure wish your news had of been good. Hope you get a good replacement for Rowdy.

Wayne
Finding a replacement with similar bloodlines to Rowdy might not be possible, but I'm not interested in the first male to come along, and will choose selectively. Rowdy's breeder went back 8 generations and couldn't find eye disease on either side of Rowdy's family.

I have a female in PA from top tracking stock, so I'm excited about that.

Brush,

I am sorry for your bad luck. I am sorry that I will not read about Rowdy tracking deer in Missouri & Kansas. Trying to figure out why is no good - it is what it is. What it is certainly is misfortune and disappointment.

Wayne

I am saddened to be losing Rowdy, who has been my nearly constant companion since about Christmas. Replacing Rowdy with a dog of his caliber will be next to impossible! Rowdy's father was a German Champion from the Vom Lortzengrund FCI blood line, which is the most famous tracking bloodline in Europe. That breeder does not ship dogs and breeds very selectively.

Rowdy is a beautiful specimen of the breed, and I've seen lots of Teckels. Rowdy loves to play and is obedient enough to run off lead. Somewhere way back in Rowdy's ancestry is a recessive gene that caused Rowdy to have congenital eye defects, but the breeder researched 5 generations back for both parents and found no eye defects. In Germany a dog that fails an eye exam can't breed!

This weekend the same German lady that delivered Rowdy, will arrive here with my new female from PA and take Rowdy back to Luxembourg. Very sad to see Rowdy go but all Rowdy can be is a pet. The breeder will either keep Rowdy or find him a good home.

Brush,

Does the eye defects mean Rowdy will go blind or is a reduction in his sight? I guess I am asking how the effect defect plays out down the road for Rowdy? I was glad to read in your pm that he has settled down and got in the groove on tracking. I can say I fell in love with him real fast - I just loved his nature. What he did and my pup enjoy are so similar.

Will Rowdy stand a chance to track deer in Germany even though he can't breed?

At least the new pup shows up when Rowdy begins his journey back to Europe.

Wayne

Rowdy might track in Luxembourg, but his eye looks horrible and it could lead to blindness in that eye.

In my guest room sleeps a lady from Germany, that delivered Breeze from PA, and will return Rowdy to Luxembourg. I am in contact with two Germans that own Champion dogs, plus Breeze has been delivered. I expect Breeze to be my best tracker, as she is out of the best tracking bloodlines in America. Breeze will never be a show dog, but she is tracking at 11 weeks, and she has Buster Keaton's blood, and Buster is legendary!

So now I have Elkie (2.5 years), Heidi (4 months) and Breeze (11 weeks). I have my hands full with pups, plus lots of habitat work to do... life is good!

Congrats on the new addition! I can't wait to see Breeze at work. It is true that Buster Keaton is a tracker with a remarkable record, with a top notch handler. Breeze is destined to find a lot of deer in her lifetime. The dam that will sire my new pup is in heat, and on her way from Georgia to Texas to get bred. If all goes well, I should have a pup by late Summer. I look forward to doing some puppy training together.

This is Heidi and Breeze. Heidi is a beautiful Teckel, while Breeze is built like a tank! At 11 weeks Breeze goes up the back steps with no problem. Breeze looks to have good prey drive and is already tracking blood. I expect that Heidi, Breeze or both will be tracking deer by Fall. I have located several German Teckels with champion blood lines to replace Rowdy.

Breeze is in the foreground and has a much shorter coat than Heidi.

Breeze will probably not win a beauty contest, which is fine because I bought her for her tracking bloodline. Breeze is about 11-12 weeks old and this is her 2nd blood track since she has arrive from PA. The track is marked with orange flags and this is little Breeze hitting every flag.

Good deal. Her and Heidi should put a hurt on your available blood supply. How is Elkie doing with Rowdy gone and these two new females in the house?

Thanks for sharing.

Wayne

Good deal. Her and Heidi should put a hurt on your available blood supply. How is Elkie doing with Rowdy gone and these two new females in the house?

Thanks for sharing.

Wayne
With Rowdy gone and a bark collar on Matty, peace has been restored! Elkie gets along well with the two female puppies.

Back