Brushpile's Tracking Pack

Brushpile

Staff member
Elkie will continue to have her thread through this tracking season as she is my 3 year old and premier tracker.

Heidi is 5-6 months old and is off to the races, meaning she races down a track, and I expect great things from her. Heidi is from European stock and was born in Canada to a breeder who uses Teckels to track wounded Moose.

Breeze is from PA and is line bred to a 2X National Champion tracking dog. Breeze is also off to the races and flies though 90 degree turns.

Puppy #4 has been paid for, but hasn't been born yet. This puppy will be imported from Austria from a European Champion.

Pup# 5 has been order from the same Kennel Heid came from, because I am very pleased with Heidi.

This is Heidi, who was tracking down the mowed path and flies into a 90 degree turn into brush.

This is Breeze fling into a 90 degree turn.

Breeze is powerfully built and has tremendous prey drive.

Breeze is a pretty girl with a desire to please.

Heidi and the end of the track.

On Sunday I saw a sign for two lost young dogs in Pleasant Hope. I live 5-7 miles from Pleasant Hope, so I was surprised to see the two pups at the end of my driveway that very evening! The pups were skitish and ran from me, but I was able to notify the owner. When the owner arrived the pups were gone. The owner told me his wife was hysterical, saying they were their babies. I had a flash back to losing Elkie and identified with how they felt. Elkie is my baby and I lost her in Kansas, but got her back days later.

This morning my wife spotted the dogs so I went looking. After knocking on a few doors, I found a neighbor who had seen them, and by now they had been lost for days and were many miles from home! The owner drove out and man did I put him on those dogs! I told the owner where to go and where to stop and call... Boom! The lost dogs were standing in the road, but afraid to even come to the owner! The poor dogs had been shooed away and maybe even shot at. It had been days since the dogs had eaten! The dogs were litermates and looked half Brittany Spaniel, but all that mattered was that two loving pet owners were re-united with their dogs.

Like Elkie, these dogs were found and everyone was happy. I was offered $100, but settled with friends for life. :)

I had a similar experience a few years ago when I lost my lab in the woods for 3 days. It's a gut wrenching experience but like you and your new found friends we were eventually reunited. I have no idea how she escaped the coyotes. Good for you for helping out where some would just keep moving on with their busy lives!

Jeff

Brush...Looks like you've found a passion for something that you love and that your are obviously good at doing. Good for you! I've been without a "man's best friend" since 2006. Just too busy and too much travel with work. But one day...

I would say the man got the best deal - he got his dog back. As long as he lives he will forever be grateful as would anyone else.

Brush - you are a good man and made a great choice.

Wayne

I would say the man got the best deal - he got his dog back. As long as he lives he will forever be grateful as would anyone else.

Brush - you are a good man and made a great choice.

Wayne
It was a miracle that man got his dogs back, they were over 5 miles from home.

In Austria a litter was whelped in May and it contains two males. One of those males will join the pack in late July or early August. :)

Brush

When the new male joins your pack that will be Elkie, Breeze, Heidi and New Male as far as the tracking crew. Am I correct?

Wayne

Brush

When the new male joins your pack that will be Elkie, Breeze, Heidi and New Male as far as the tracking crew. Am I correct?

Wayne
That's correct. Elkie, Heidi and Breeze are ready to track. The new male, plus one more female will complete the pack.

Now the neighbors are going to give directions by saying go past the place where the guy planted all those trees and has all those weiner dogs :) .

Now the neighbors are going to give directions by saying go past the place where the guy planted all those trees and has all those weiner dogs :) .
That's right! Directions to my place used to start with, "Do you know where that guy planted all those trees"? Now directions will be, do you know where that guy has all those wiener dogs? :)

I created a huge 2nd enclosure that runs through the woods along the edge of the yard and encompasses the entire back and side yard, so I have room for lots of dogs. :)

These three girls are ready for deer season to begin.
Elkie.

Heidi has been playing in the weeds.

Breeze has a shorter coat and doesn't pick up as many stick tights.

Things should look green and alive. Everything has benefitted from the rainfall since I was there in February.

Sure the dogs enjoy and benefit from it. Congrats.

I like the close up photos of the dogs!

Wayne

Last edited:
That is 3 great dogs you have. Some hunters are going to benefit from their talent and yours.

Wayne

Back