Out of state trips planned this fall?

bowonly

I just applied for Kansas and was wondering if any of you had any out of state trips you are planning for this fall? I'm curious how much the COVID quarantine is going to affect the amount of people applying for out of state/non resident tags this fall.

I'll be going to Colorado for elk, Mexico for deer, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico California, and probably few other spots during summer kicking around and avoiding summer La. heat.

I'm done with social distancing and corona insanity

A buddy and I had an archery antelope hunt planned for Wyoming in September, but as we were discussing whether we would actually be able to go or not, our landowner folded on us. He said it was because it took up too much of his time but I don’t think that was it. I think he bought unto the panic and didn’t want guys from all over coming to his ranch. Anyway, we weren’t guaranteed to draw, but had a really good chance, but it is what it is. I love to antelope hunt, but wasn’t looking forward to the hard day and a half drive.

My October Canada plane tickets are booked. It’s my annual duck hunting trip. I really hope things are back to normal by then.
I have cousin that lives in Wisconsin that won't miss his yearly trip to Saskatchewan or Alberta(can't remember which) for ducks and geese.

I want to hunt South Dakota this year! Probably miss it again though...
South Dakota is on my bucket list. I hunted your state of Oklahoma last year for the first time and couldn't make it happen on a good buck. Did end up with a couple does though. The coyotes and hunter pressure were more than I expected.

I'll be going to Colorado for elk, Mexico for deer, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico California, and probably few other spots during summer kicking around and avoiding summer La. heat.

I'm done with social distancing and corona insanity
Dang Baker, you get around! Like you, I hate the summers here in Louisiana.

A buddy and I had an archery antelope hunt planned for Wyoming in September, but as we were discussing whether we would actually be able to go or not, our landowner folded on us. He said it was because it took up too much of his time but I don’t think that was it. I think he bought unto the panic and didn’t want guys from all over coming to his ranch. Anyway, we weren’t guaranteed to draw, but had a really good chance, but it is what it is. I love to antelope hunt, but wasn’t looking forward to the hard day and a half drive.
That bites!

We have the points for Iowa.
Was supposed to go out last week to prep, scout, hang stands and shed hunt. We still plan a trip for prepping but just not sure when the bureaucrats will let us travel.
Also have a mid summer Alaska vacation all booked and ducks in a row. Hope things are straightened out by then.

We'll have enough points to put in for the Zone we want in Iowa next year to have a better than average chance at getting drawn. I've only hunted Iowa once and killed my biggest buck to date there. So ready to make a return trip. You guys taking these Alaska trips are killing me. That's like tops on my bucket list of vacations.

We'll have enough points to put in for the Zone we want in Iowa next year to have a better than average chance at getting drawn. I've only hunted Iowa once and killed my biggest buck to date there. So ready to make a return trip. You guys taking these Alaska trips are killing me. That's like tops on my bucket list of vacations.
Any of you guys backpack? There is a really cool trip out of Skagway Alaska.
Chilkoot Trail traces the Klondyke Gold Rush.
Over 30 miles of artifacts lay along the trail. Take the 1900 era narrow guage railroad back to Skagway. Wife and I did it in 2001.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

No hunts. Have a Cali trip planned mid Aug to do a coastal trip again down Rt 1. Lazy trip w no itinerary other than to surf some highlights. Prob will survive the Covid then die by shark. Wouldn’t that be a hoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing this fall, but I’m contemplating an out of state turkey hunt this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I applied for MT deer. Success rates for drawing tags should be high. I recognized I could loose out on some or all of the tag cost with the craziness....but realized I needed something to look forward to.

Back