Live from the stand 2016!

There is no apparent rut taking place at my farm. No chasing or bucks cruising looking for does. Anybody else seeing anything similiar? I am here in central Missouri.

There is no apparent rut taking place at my farm. No chasing or bucks cruising looking for does. Anybody else seeing anything similiar? I am here in central Missouri.
My farm is in west central MO. My bucks started cruising around Oct 28th. Mature bucks started chasing Nov 6th.

Thanks Todd. The silver lining here is that the property is better than it used to be. :)
Hey Fish! I'll add my two cents here. This is my third year owing my farm. I was told that it was hunted hard, poached more and overrun with hunters from March-May and Sept-Jan. I made up my mind that I was only going to allow bow hunting and limit the days we hunt for 4 years. I wanted to establish a good heard of various age bucks and really get a feel for how they use the farm. Last Thursday/Friday, we had three great sits, 3 great encounters with my top three bucks. The closest any of them got was 65 yards. The other two were about 95 yards. My point is this. I'm content with not killing one of my older bucks with a bow if the farm continues to improve each year. Once I feel confident I've laid a good foundation for the future, I'll allow some ML hunting.

Rut in full swing in SW Misouri my boys each killed bucks last weekend coming off the same scrape and my uncle got one that was with a doe all in Taney county . Got some cool pics on my trail cam in Stone county of a buck breeding a doe. It's posted on the trail cam thread under scrape action .

Last day for me to stand hunt before gun season opener on Sat. Saw a ton of deer moving on my drive in so let's hope they stay on their feet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

First movement of the day right at noon. A young mid day mover...
90e251103b50a1e80515fd519da94758.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Finally back in a stand. 14 1/2 hours straight driving to get home yesterday, grab some sleep pack up and head to the farm. The downfall to cams is I just grabbed the card from the cam near where I chose to hunt this afternoon and it only had 39 pics in the last two weeks. Guess all it takes is one to come by today tho!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally back in a stand. 14 1/2 hours straight driving to get home yesterday, grab some sleep pack up and head to the farm. The downfall to cams is I just grabbed the card from the cam near where I chose to hunt this afternoon and it only had 39 pics in the last two weeks. Guess all it takes is one to come by today tho!!

And a lot of the times the deer don't get in front of the camera. Everywhere I sit on our place has a trail camera near it either on food, a trail or a scrape and when sitting I am amazed at what does not get caught on camera!

Sitting high up on a ridge above my food plots in the Catskills Right outside a bedding area. Lots of bucks on camera all at night so had to climb
82c09a74ac1c8f407e8fa8cae0103b57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

40 mph wind and 80 here right now but that is supposed to change starting tomorrow for the coldest weather of the season which is just 50's for the day and upper 20's to low 30's at night...for a couple of days and then back into the 40 something night and 60 something daytime temps again...

Got high hopes for Saturday if don't get screwed up by neighbors...

40 mph wind and 80 here right now but that is supposed to change starting tomorrow for the coldest weather of the season which is just 50's for the day and upper 20's to low 30's at night...for a couple of days and then back into the 40 something night and 60 something daytime temps again...

Sounds like my Sunday forecast.

I ran out in my 6 acre field to grab a couple of SD cards and noticed a major difference (for the better) in the browsing of my radish since before I left for Florida on the 9th.

I'm there with you Okie! I'll be sitting Saturday all day

Back