Live from the stand 2016!

Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous of you guys hunting. I'm thankful for my job but wish I was in the stand today.

Cold isn't the issue. 40 mph gusts are. Going to be cold and windy tomorrow. Sunday my be the day. Sitting a box blind over standing beans was probably a bad choice. Should have brought a cooler with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Oh I know. We are going to have the wind on Sunday and Monday looks good here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No surprise with the weather that I didn't see anything and heard no shots. Unfortunately the hounds get released tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got to do a full afternoon sit....nothing. Wind was howling and 75 degrees. Just at dark the rain moved in and when the lightening started I decided it was time to go. The morning looks good though with much cooler temps.....and wind. 9-11 mph's out of the north northwest. Not great for behind the house so I might have to go to my other spot.

Morning started in 20's then up to 75 this afternoon. Dead calm. Lots of deer moving. Passed two bucks, one chasing young doe. Another mature doe still with her fawns. What the heck is going on and where are my bucks? Acorns still falling like rain. 4 weeks late for that. Been a slow season for sure. Heard 2 large trees fall, and saw a third come crashing. Now that is weird and I was looking at the treetops around me just wondering. Front comes in tomorrow with snow and high winds. Just maybe… but have to leave early afternoon for Thanksgiving dinner with part of family. Climbing this mountain last few weeks, I need to replenish some carbs. Rifle starts Monday so get it done tomorrow or write off the season most likely. Don't care much for rifle. Pressure is on. Good luck guys.

You better have a very good full body harness. That wind us brutal. I'll be hunting with you in the morning. Unfortunately, this morning my youngest has to have a minor surgery related to her Crohns.

Good luck guys
Todd
Good luck! Should be a great morning!

Our wind died off...I wish it would pick back up...hunting big woods it helps me to be able to access stands without being busted. When it is as still and dry as it is here trying to walk in all these leaves...

Rifle opens tomorrow!

Our wind died off...I wish it would pick back up...hunting big woods it helps me to be able to access stands without being busted. When it is as still and dry as it is here trying to walk in all these leaves...

Rifle opens tomorrow!
That's the tough part about hunting big woods-quiet entry. Have a nice steady NW breeze here this morning. Man, 3.30am came early this morning.

Good luck to all Okies. Time to reach out and touch something this morning.

Todd

I want to thank you guys for this thread. This has been a rough year for me. I have not hunted anything like a used to. Generally I hubt every Saturday and Sunday morning. This year I just don't have the time. For instance this week we even work Sunday to get a 4 day for Thanksgiving. When I do get a day off I just want to sleep then the honey do not do list has to be done. Thanks for listening to me whine. I just wanted to say I enjoy the thread. It's the closest to shooting a deer I have had this year other than the couple little bucks I have left let walk. Hopefully I will get a shot over the Thanksgiving holiday on something. A doe would suit the freezer fine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Heading out soon. I had planned on letting the other spot rest until the kids could come back down, but with a wind this heavy I never see anything behind the house. So, today I will be sitting in a cut bean field hoping they are still chasing. 16-20 mph winds....I might just end up as tumbleweed!

Rifle opener in NY. Just got in my stand. Light winds and 50° this morning. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Opening day in NY. Back in my spot. 3" of snow for casted tomorrow

38f5afbefc1d0d0151e22e6cc82f6085.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back