Foodplotting In The Mountains...The Sequel

You guys are nice or delusional, maybe both. In reality this thread is now 9 years old beginning on the old forum. I'm quite sure i've shown my clover pics from every angle possible and my hug the earth sermons are pretty repetitive. I started the original thread because at that time, all the land threads were mid west flat land talking of central plot placement and such. That just don't work in the hills as they dictate much of what we do. Also at that time there was an undercurrent of grouchy judgemental members that some how had lost the true enjoyment of hunting. This forum is nothing like that and their are so many great new properties being shown that this one needs to slide to the side. I've enjoyed it and have learned and hopefully taught some of those things of thinking outside the box.

Not sure a lot to see compared to some other properties but as I mentioned before, I'd like to have a meeting of the minds one weekend this summer before fall plantings and those that wish can come hang out for couple days. My daughter with baby in progress has tweaked that some, but I still hope to pull it off. You or anyone more than welcome at any time for a visit. From experience, always fun to see other peoples work in progress. When you back to the mainland permanatly?

Just because we are delusional doesn't mean we don't have feelings. And, if Illegal aliens get to vote, I get to vote on this.....;)

You guys are nice or delusional, maybe both. In reality this thread is now 9 years old beginning on the old forum. I'm quite sure i've shown my clover pics from every angle possible and my hug the earth sermons are pretty repetitive. I started the original thread because at that time, all the land threads were mid west flat land talking of central plot placement and such. That just don't work in the hills as they dictate much of what we do. Also at that time there was an undercurrent of grouchy judgemental members that some how had lost the true enjoyment of hunting. This forum is nothing like that and their are so many great new properties being shown that this one needs to slide to the side. I've enjoyed it and have learned and hopefully taught some of those things of thinking outside the box.

Not sure a lot to see compared to some other properties but as I mentioned before, I'd like to have a meeting of the minds one weekend this summer before fall plantings and those that wish can come hang out for couple days. My daughter with baby in progress has tweaked that some, but I still hope to pull it off. You or anyone more than welcome at any time for a visit. From experience, always fun to see other peoples work in progress. When you back to the mainland permanatly?

That would certainly be an excellent opportunity and learning experience. I’ll hopefully be up in the hills this summer. Permanently in spring of 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to shut down your thread because you have no tread left on the tires that's fine @dogghr just don't put yourself out to pasture until you've run your coarse well. ;)
You do know what stud horses get to do when put out to Pasture??? Well at least until they're made into glue.
I just strolled thru the herb garden and found nurture and encouragement to second that "don't accept"
You can't be rollin those with your grandpups around Lakn! We told you that.
In reality...be honest...the new wife has put you on forum restrictions for more quality time with her.

I too enjoy your thread.
Lol, actually I started use that as an excuse intitially and then expected someone to say such. I do get made fun of by her for my deer p orn addiction.
I'd hate to think that the rest of us would ever get boring.

G
You'd never get boring G as long as your are burning something. Should be some interesting smoke coming from those Kentucky hills.
Just because we are delusional doesn't mean we don't have feelings. And, if Illegal aliens get to vote, I get to vote on this.....;)
Need to see some I.D. first Native. Pretty sure you are a drug smuggler with those deer that are obviously on 'roids.

Yes I'm aware of those horses fornication's......
i15.0.gif

Lol........

Will your life have left something important for those remaining behind? Will your life have meaning?
Deep thots for someone who is simply trying to take a deer and spend time in the wilds of nature. I hope you take time to turn everything off and sit on that stump with just your thots for a few minutes or an hour.
Enjoy your time with these things, but make sure you have the 3 Fs well taken care. And perhaps, just perhaps, you might think the crazy mountain man wasn't so crazy after all. Peace.
And in the end...that's about all that will matter. Everything we are able to accumulate in this life goes back in the box and on to someone else when it's all done. Only our legacy...how we lived life...how we treated others will be remembered.

As for the retirement of your thread...I vote NO as well! At least from time to time a simple update from the Mountain Man. I feel somewhat the same and find myself updating my thread less and less. I so enjoy viewing the new ones and feel like the Upper Lower and Lower Lower can only be viewed from so many angles. Happy trails...

Another NO vote from me! I like your philosophies and I think you have a good influence on the rest of us.

Also, can you elaborate on what you said about looking at soil under a microscope? What exactly do you look for, and how does it change what you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Now know how Hillary felt. Fight a losing battle. Maybe I'll just change direction of thread.:)
Another NO vote from me! I like your philosophies and I think you have a good influence on the rest of us.

Also, can you elaborate on what you said about looking at soil under a microscope? What exactly do you look for, and how does it change what you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum
Yes I will do that and a thread on my Random Cluster theory for a couple other requests. Remember I mainly just plagiarize, but its pretty cool info if one looks at the soil differently and connects it with what we do. But guys, life goes on and I'm done with pics of my clover plots and my mini sermons. Maybe. Thanks as always for all the stuff I've learned on these forums over the years. Sure makes it easier.

Plain and simple dogghr, WE NEED YA! I learn and am inspired by your posts; sometimes the learning comes directly from your post, but at other times it is rather from an accumulation of inputs that one or a series of your posts seems to cause an "A--HA" moment.
Absolutely change direction if you wish on the thread but please continue to remind us all how fortunate we are and how the tiniest, minute details when we take time to feel, see and experience transport us to another place or even another world and more exciting discoveries. You have helped us see beyond the beyond and to stop now is not an option.

By the way those Blue Ridge Mountains were sure an awful spectacular sight we were privileged to enjoy on our way to and from Florida on our recent trip. Anne and I felt like we were in another world seeing those mountains; and actually we were and what a great world it was! Having shared campfires with "our" own West Virginia boys at our cottages I could only imagine what great experiences have occurred in those mountains for the few to have been born there and the lucky few to have migrated there from away.

We need ya dogghr.

Well there you have it, dogghr ( what does that mean anyway)? You cause us to look around, you show us how to look beneath, you lead us to the pillars of soil health and perseverance, you enlighten our concepts, you ..... well you get the picture. Enjoy that new little one on the way. My role as Poppa is my best job ever

Although I’m not a frequent visitor or contributing poster, I have really enjoyed your thread, pics, and words that make me stop and think. A change of direction is better than stopping. I would love to see and hear more about random clusters....

Thanks for your contributions and words of wisdom.

Surely you've been a little too close to a couch burning and the fumes have affected you!! Count me as another one that refuses to accept you bringing it to a close.

Last edited:
Surely you've been a little too close to a couch burning and the fumes have affected you!! Count me as another one that refuses to accept you bringing it to a close.
You must be kidding. We haven't had a reason to torch a couch this season. And B ball, well that is as ugly as I've ever watched. We need to just forfeit the rest of season, be less painful.

Back