First Apples Ripening

Native Hunter

These started falling off the tree today. This is Striped June (aka Margret). Actually these are just a little early this year. Generally it is mid June before they start falling. But, everything seems early here this year. If they get any earlier we will have to rename them "Striped May.":)

This tree is on 111. It is a small tree compared to the others on 111 nearby. The Myers LT planted at the same time would make 3 of it. Apples are small too. Too tart for my taste but my son loves them.

Looks great, Native. Bevans Favorite is my first to ripen....... in July. Last year was their first to produce and an opossum beat me to it. :mad: :p

Looks great, Native. Bevans Favorite is my first to ripen....... in July. Last year was their first to produce and an opossum beat me to it. :mad: :p

Time for a possum hunt......:D

Bevan's will be next for me too I think. Summer Champion is about that same time, but I can't remember exactly, and the next after that is American Summer Pearmain. But don't plant an ASP. It's a FB magnet.

Bevan's is my favorite Summer Apple for sure. Good taste and highly DR.

Time for a possum hunt......:D

Bevan's will be next for me too I think. Summer Champion is about that same time, but I can't remember exactly, and the next after that is American Summer Pearmain. But don't plant an ASP. It's a FB magnet.

Bevan's is my favorite Summer Apple for sure. Good taste and highly DR.
Glad to hear that about Bevans. I'm hoping it pans out as a good July apple. I agree. Haven't seen any disease issues with it in 3 years. But I take good care of it too.

Back