Elevated box stands

I used to hate enclosed blinds and vowed to never hunt out of one mainly because I only hunt with stick and string. But now that I have two young boys, one 3-1/2 and the other 1 years old, I’ll be buying an enclosed blind because it’s pretty much the only way most times I can get out hunting.

I’ve pretty much settled on getting a Muddy Bull blind with the 5’ platform mainly because I prefer how it is built and I like the options that they have. The only one I found that compared to the quality of the Muddy was the Redneck Blinds but I much prefer the looks and construction of the Muddy though.
Did you look at 360?

Did you look at 360?
I did although I didn’t see one in person.

the two negatives for me were insulation being an upgrade, and the need to assemble. I do like the looks of the 360 blinds more so than the Muddy’s. The assembly wouldn’t be a big deal if I didn’t have two young ones that want to “help” me do stuff all the time.

What was the msrp of the 360 blinds? I never saw a price on them.

the two negatives for me were insulation being an upgrade, and the need to assemble. I do like the looks of the 360 blinds more so than the Muddy’s. The assembly wouldn’t be a big deal if I didn’t have two young ones that want to “help” me do stuff all the time.

They are about the same as muddy and redneck. Their windows is what sells their blinds, they are quite a bit ahead of their competition. I set one up last Saturday in about 2 hours with my entire family helping, it was more of a picnic than working. Setting the first one up took much longer.
bcf9f703f27bfa27691d1026ca7b7227.jpg

They are about the same as muddy and redneck. Their windows is what sells their blinds, they are quite a bit ahead of their competition. I set one up last Saturday in about 2 hours with my entire family helping, it was more of a picnic than working. Setting the first one up took much longer.
bcf9f703f27bfa27691d1026ca7b7227.jpg
Could I see some pictures of the interior of the blind and what makes their windows better than everyone else's?

Could I see some pictures of the interior of the blind and what makes their windows better than everyone else's?
http://deerhunterforum.com/index.php?threads/vertical-sliding-bow-windows.5528/#post-97690
Look at post #5, 6, & 7, I have a few pics of their windows. You really need to find a dealer and sit in one. But then it's too late, you'll have to have one. I learned at the Harrisburg show that a lot of midwest outfitters are putting these up because their clients keep asking for them. btw, I know the guys that make them, but i'm not connected or compensated by them in any way. I just like their product, I currently have 8 of their blinds. They are more contagious than covid19. I got one in 2015 and everybody raved about it and the amount just kept creeping up from there.

We were not able to afford the permanent blinds, so we did what we could.

Academy Sports sell a very good Quad Pod stand. Has a rotating two person seat. Not crazy about the seat and will probably replace with two chairs.

For the blind they sell a kit but the Ameristep Doghouse Blind fits real good on it for less.

Your about ten feet up.

Although we put them up before season I still think every deer that came out looked right at it.

This year they should be well used to them as we leave them out all year.

Two different stands from several views.

Gives you another choice.
3b9e00abe264629f4ee961b44c7b84f6.jpg

e169dff4acde98615ddda54d65c2e39f.jpg

b7e1c65a0f97bfad0c4512d759206df8.jpg

7bb7ebf08f0aaffe25c12ac040069357.jpg

e61c9f9bda926c75590f64c99b5b344f.jpg

50d2b23b8c989e9944849b189d59a807.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really appreciate all the feedback. Glad to see lots of y’all like me — not a big fan of enclosed stands.

I’m 37 and have hunted a leased tract of solid hardwood timberland my whole life. Food plots and box stands have no place there. Each year there we fear may be our last. Seeing the writing on the wall, the fam has started acquiring some land of our own, but not of the quality of that we lease. As such, we’re learning to adapt and adopt some techniques we don’t exactly prefer, in order to give the next generation some enjoyment.

I've sat in all 3. Hands down 360 blinds are top notch. And all run about same price that just over 2k for blind. setting up a 360 blind is 10x easier since it comes apart in dozen or so sides vs one big stand.

And the vertical windows are game changer. No change in reflection and better viewing. Also I hate on both the rednecks and muddy the windows have like a window seal. Well in the north here when gets cold those seals like to stick in cold weather so you open the window and extremely noisy.

Insulation is not a worry in 360 for me. I'm northern WI where all bow season is basically late season and you fire up that heater if needed and you will be down to your socks or most of time just my body heat alone is plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could build a steady platform and secure a pop-open igloo style blind. They are light and easy to erect and the one I have has windows on four sides. It is water proof and if secured correctly, quiet.

I use scaffolding for a platform and it works out good for us. One is permanent about 12 feet off the ground. The other one is 5 foot off the ground only used one section and over the years we have moved this set up around the property.

I use my box blinds for summer observations - and to gun hunt from the last week or two of the season. They are made from old steel pallet racks. We cemented them in for strength. I had the materials so it was relatively inexpensive. now that I have them - I'd pay for a
prebuilt one
MxdX2NB.jpg

0tc4As2.jpg

I like FarmHunterr's work and I don't mean to hijack his thread ..... but, I'm currently working on a new house using steel that might be a little more versatile than storage racks. Here's a look at how I'm framing it; I'll post more when the project gets done in early July.
No nails .... all bolts and 3" deck screws; it don't shake or squeak! 2019 SH 4 (2).jpg 2019 SH 75 percent (2).jpg

Last edited:
I like FarmHunterr's work and I don't mean to hijack his thread ..... but, I'm currently working on a new house using steel that might be a little more versatile than storage racks. Here's a look at how I'm framing it; I'll post more when the project gets done in early July.
No nails .... all bolts and 3" deck screws; it don't shake or squeak! View attachment 19133 View attachment 19134
I have several hunting blinds on metal towers, and mine are way noisier than wooden towers. Nothing really loud, just little pops and dings and squeaks. I'm interested in seeing more of your build design.

I've mentioned it before, but we have built several out of insulated, tongue-groove, garage door panels. Best blinds I've ever experienced.

Back