Drought and Survival

Some thing very odd has happened here on the hollow...for the past 4 days we have gotten about .5 every morning early...not complaining and don’t want to jinx us but it has been nice for a change!

Some thing very odd has happened here on the hollow...for the past 4 days we have gotten about .5 every morning early...not complaining and don’t want to jinx us but it has been nice for a change!
How are the ponds looking?

Mama said I was odd, but it ain’t raining here. 🤔

Last edited:
Get ready Okie, it absolutely poured north of us this morning. It will likely pour south of us and in you tonight. We didn’t and won’t get jack. You’re welcome!! :rolleyes: :D

Yessir!!!!! :rolleyes:
This one hurts even more, it’s so close the windows are rattling when it thunders. :(
IMG_2182.jpeg

Last edited:
We had a small thunderstorm miss us by a few miles in the early morning before daylight. I heard thunder, but no rain. I think it might have rained at the lease though. I hope this is a harbinger of things changing. Over 100* for the last three weeks is getting old ! I think another front comes in the first of next week with a medium rain chance. Surprisingly, my Green Cover plot still looks pretty good considering the lack of rain and the heat.

KSQ2 - Keep the faith, that one that missed you finally hit us east of Branson, we got around 2" with that storm.

I’m betting this won’t make it to us…. It would be so nice to be in western Kansas right now if all places. That rain cloud symbol by Tyro is just accuweather laughing at us at this point. Not a drop…
Tonight’s west clinches it; now we’ve had rain in every direction around us in the last 3 days.
IMG_2199.jpeg

I just can’t understand, how can everyone continue to get rain but us, this is not normal…. I can’t help but think something bigger is going on.

I really don’t remember what something like this looks like on the ground. It’s been so long since we’ve seen anything like this….
I know it’s not good, but I will not even hide my envy anymore. At this point, I’m doing good to not DESPISE those getting rain regularly.
IMG_2203.jpeg

Last edited:
Switch apps. Like you said that cloud by Tyro was a joke? Every other one on that radar was probably exaggerated too. I use this one. Much less misleading IMO. Shows less rain because there is less rain.
f19c888c6a612a9b5159079b27889cfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switch apps. Like you said that cloud by Tyro was a joke? Every other one on that radar was probably exaggerated too. I use this one. Much less misleading IMO. Shows less rain because there is less rain.
f19c888c6a612a9b5159079b27889cfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I’ll check it out; I don’t like being lied to either. That just makes it worse when the rain doesn’t come.

You have offended the weather gods in some way KSQ2, and evidently I ain’t in too good with them either. ☹️

Looks like it’s all gonna miss us again; but hey, we should be used to it by now, right? Severe thunderstorm watch ends at 11pm. And as you can see nothing is remotely headed our way and barometer is on the rise. Oh joy!
IMG_2206.jpeg

Back