Double A Farm (NE Ohio) Updates

I need to get a stuffer. Trying to use the attachment on my grinder drives me nuts. Looks like yours works pretty well?

Yes, I tried to use the grinder attachment to stuff before I got a separate stuffer. The difference is night and day. Only upgrade I'm missing is the power stuffer but cranking isn't bad with 5-10 pound batches a few times a year.

Looks great Weasel! Just curious are you in the North Turkey zone this year in Ohio? How do you feel about the turkey season starting a week later up by you?

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Yes, Ashtabula County is in the north zone this year. To be honest, the turkeys are here but they cover such a big area it's hard to pattern them for hunting. They come through my farm about once or twice a week. I had a few roosting near my back field last year and I got super excited when I saw one pitch down into my field during a morning bowhunt in archery deer season. But I also busted a few off the roost while working late and running equipment back and forth. Haven't seen much roosting since. Who knows, we'll see what happens this spring.

In my opinion, a week later isn't a big deal with Ohio and my home state of PA starting so dang late anyway. But we always get multiple birds in PA so I haven't really put in any effort at my Ohio farm.

Love the family picture Weasel. The sausage made me hungry too......

Thank you NH. With the exception of the boys starting to call on my 15 year old, I am very blessed with such a healthy, happy family. Those girls are straight A students too, involved in youth group at church and play instruments & sing. Karen & I couldn't be more proud.

They had this sign marked down to a few dollars at TSC, couldn't pass it up. Pretty much says it all.

4198E06A-8D58-430E-BDA5-C055C870EF1E.jpg

Last of the tree orders for 2017! Spent Friday getting them in the ground.

3 Hewes Crabapple
3 Chestnut Crabapple
6 Kieffer Pear
4 Chinese Chestnut

BD1348A0-3ED1-417F-9850-383FADECEDCD.jpg

039B2C68-49B7-42D1-89F0-D432EB2497B3.jpg

Got a big task checked off of the habitat plan this past weekend. The trail loop around a soft mast cut in the back of my property was cut in with help from my buddy Chris. This will all be edge feathered eventually but it was great to get the base trail completed.

3A0548ED-7919-4664-A6E0-52FB950D3527.jpg

ED2B81D1-8A77-4DDF-A4F5-4612721B525B.jpg

5E4E4F8A-8AF1-4687-AA63-EFF239F707CD.jpg

Looks great! I would do more of this type cutting on my place but we have a dog problem and dogs tend to travel these cut trails...Good place to trap coyotes as well...

Looks great! I would do more of this type cutting on my place but we have a dog problem and dogs tend to travel these cut trails...Good place to trap coyotes as well...

I wish I had more time to get into trapping. I don't seem to have a big yote problem but they are here.

Looking good! Love all the shameless plugs for TC trees!:)

Ha ha, well your trees are impressive. Only problem is I am creating more competition by recommending so many customers! LOL

Great job done Weasel. It's amazing what a couple of hard workers can get done mostly with a saw.

Thanks Chainsaw. That part of the farm is young regrowth from a 5-10 year old clearcut. It was a lot of work by hand but should be a great improvement. I thought of you when we would come across an apple and got to work releasing it.

Wow, almost a month since I checked in. The schedule kept me away from the farm for almost 3 weeks but I did get a lot done this past week. My buddy Cody was my only help last weekend but he's great at keeping me company.

FF5BC02F-FEF1-409A-AF37-1D8C81C64224.jpg

0F516DE4-17EC-4772-8C95-CD207228BA7B.jpg

C3D58F68-AD5E-4713-90FF-5E70B64299CD.jpg

Back