"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

I don't see any significant chances for rain in the 15 day forecast. The pond is still low because the ground gets so dry that there's very little run off.
Rain is an issue when tracking; dogs have a hard time tracking on dry ground. So I'm always hoping there's enough rain for Elkie to be able to track

Good score on the .22's, that is most definitely a deer/dear wife! I remember getting bricks of 500 for less than $10. The last ones I got were $24 for 500 which is not bad for price these days.

I don't see any significant chances for rain in the 15 day forecast. The pond is still low because the ground gets so dry that there's very little run off.
Rain is an issue when tracking; dogs have a hard time tracking on dry ground. So I'm always hoping there's enough rain for Elkie to be able to track

Same here Brush...hopefully more rain by fall but this is actually the type weather I seems I have always known in July and August...

900d2e353b4a4a29b8bf645974bb8cef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good score on the .22's, that is most definitely a deer/dear wife! I remember getting bricks of 500 for less than $10. The last ones I got were $24 for 500 which is not bad for price these days.

I think these were $29 for 525. She said she was back near sporting goods and she saw a couple of employees and a manager headed toward the ammo so she followed to see what was going on and they were buying .22 shells that had just come in. She asked if they had any and they reluctantly sold her these. In our town the Walmart employees buy them all and then sell them on Facebook at a markup :(

It is a GST model. As much brushhogging as I do a hydrostatic drive would wear me out!

I always thought hydrostatic would be nice, especially with a loader. I don't know if it would be as good as gear drive for discing and other ground engaging equipment. A lot of brush hogging would be kinda rough!

I always thought hydrostatic would be nice, especially with a loader. I don't know if it would be as good as gear drive for discing and other ground engaging equipment. A lot of brush hogging would be kinda rough!

If I only did loader work I would certainly like hydrostatic but my main deal is brushhogging and a GST trans is perfect for that. Has gears but don't have to use the clutch even going from forward to reverse...Also a hydrostat eats up HP and I want all I can get out of mine.

If I only did loader work I would certainly like hydrostatic but my main deal is brushhogging and a GST trans is perfect for that. Has gears but don't have to use the clutch even going from forward to reverse...Also a hydrostat eats up HP and I want all I can get out of mine.
Yeah, I think gears are better for what I'm doing. Mine is the older gear tranny with clutch. It will pull good! I always heard you lose a little HP with hydro.

My big old Piggie somehow got through my barbed wire fence and got over to the house side of the road and was there 2 evenings and 2 mornings last week...all I would have had to do was look out the window to see him at a corn feeder but I slept too late :(... He is back over on the other side now. I noticed the guys that hunt the 10 acre sections next to our place fired up their feeders this weekend so maybe he will start hanging out over there with them and give my stuff a rest!

My big old Piggie somehow got through my barbed wire fence and got over to the house side of the road and was there 2 evenings and 2 mornings last week...all I would have had to do was look out the window to see him at a corn feeder but I slept too late :(... He is back over on the other side now. I noticed the guys that hunt the 10 acre sections next to our place fired up their feeders this weekend so maybe he will start hanging out over there with them and give my stuff a rest!

Hope you don't have pigs too bad. Here is what We have to deal with. Pretty good population along the river. Their hard on my food plots! My son does his part to control them, but killing 2 don't even make a dent in them!
e753799a2ed9cf7ca640020c31f0d30e.png
39109924c1b55a641920e1bc594625ee.png
56659d966585a7866a8fd483acf46b51.png

That's a bunch of Hogs! We have nothing like that...We had 3 boar hogs and have killed 2 and this is the only one left...033.JPG

Back