Wheat, Daikon radish, and MRC

Drycreek

My buddy and I spent the day at the lease trimming limbs and pushing dead pine trees out of our roads. I took the opportunity to take a couple pics of the plots. The timely rains rescued us from failed crops. I didn’t get any closeups but we have all three coming on strong in our plots. As I’ve said before, we can only plant openings that already exist so we utilize pipelines, electric lines, and places where the planted pines didn’t survive. And look what was there yesterday at 9:30 in the a.m. !85BAA28E-9108-4185-B2B9-79A4286B9B62.jpeg7FBF1FE0-D0DC-4635-98C0-4609C2DC902E.jpeg006D22D7-5DAB-411B-A742-B882C9E7B540.jpegE94719F6-D77A-46A5-9B02-17B9A3E16C82.jpeg7FBF1FE0-D0DC-4635-98C0-4609C2DC902E.jpeg

No till? Or did you put those in conventionally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No till? Or did you put those in conventionally?

Normally we have enough moisture in the ground that I just almost straighten my disc gangs and scratch some grooves in the ground before planting. This year it was dry and hard so I had to get more aggressive with the disc. Can’t do no till here, the hogs will eat the wheat before you leave the place !o_O

Looks good!

I wish we had the power line or bigger openings but we got what we got.

Normally we have enough moisture in the ground that I just almost straighten my disc gangs and scratch some grooves in the ground before planting. This year it was dry and hard so I had to get more aggressive with the disc. Can’t do no till here, the hogs will eat the wheat before you leave the place !o_O
Do you get enough growth for radish at this late planting date?

Do you get enough growth for radish at this late planting date?

That’s something I’m wondering myself Cat. I’ve never planted it this late but I had the seed and it was much too dry to plant the first of September like I usually do. It’s sprouted but I really doubt that it gets much growth. It will be a learning experience for me. Daikon radish is the only brassica that I’ve seen East Texas deer eat, but they will decimate it. I think it just doesn’t get cold enough here most years.

Back